Turbo/supercharger for N/A 5.9?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1. Are the prochargers, ken belles etc available for the 5.9 any good in terms of performance for the money?

2. Does anybody know of custom or kit turbos for the N/A 5.9?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Procharger and TorqStorm are the only available of the shelf new kits for blowers left. Both are good and have their own advantages and disadvantages. Procharger is a full kit with intercooler included but is like 6k. The fuel system stuff it includes is also a joke and you're better off adding larger injectors and larger fuel pump separately. However, supposedly you can pick and choose what you want through a dealer but I've never looked into it.
TorqStorm is non intercooled and the blower isn't quite as efficient as the prochargers but they're still really good. They bought the rights to the old PowerDyne blower company that failed and designed the headunits. Instead of a belt driven supercharger the internals are gears now. Their efficiency is greatly increased from the old days and the kits are pretty nicely priced. Add an intercooler and you're sitting pretty though you'll still need the fuel upgrades i mentioned earlier.

The kenne bell kits are no longer available and they were crap anyways. Made it a fun driver but they placed the unit off to the side and had a manifold adapter that heat soaked bad and they didn't make much boost anyways. Vortech and paxton used to make kits but no longer though you can often find brackets from em. Vortech and paxton are different faces of the same company and a lot of their blowers are interchangeable. Also they're more efficient than procharger and awhile back a guy on the Flyinryan Performance Facebook page did a run of new upgraded brackets. I have a set sitting in my garage next to a brand new Vortech v3. Currently im building a new longblock for it.

Turbo kits are likely going to require much more fabrication. Performance Injection Equipment still makes a turbo kit but it costs as much as a procharger. Meanwhile, ebay has turbo headers that'll bolt up if you remove power steering lol. I think jeep Cherokee power steering pumps will clear though but don't quote me on that, they might not

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
austmurr