Turn off Safety Belt Chime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dennis Ferdig

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2004 Cummins 2500 Owners Manual listed the directions and sequence of things to do to turn off the seat belt chime. Worked perfect, the chime would sound off when you started the tuck maybe 5 chimes then it was off for good. The warning light on the dash to let you know someone did not have a seat belt on but no sound. My 2020 Rebel Owner's manual said to ask the dealer to turn it off and does not provide the directions. My dealer says he has no idea on how to turn it off (or he is afraid of some liability).

Does anyone know the trick to turning this chime off on a 2020 Ram Rebel? If any of you back a trailer into tight spots, a boat down a ramp or hunt, you know what a pain it is to have that chime going off all the time when you have to get in and out of the truck multiple times.

Thanks

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
My 2004 Cummins 2500 Owners Manual listed the directions and sequence of things to do to turn off the seat belt chime. Worked perfect, the chime would sound off when you started the tuck maybe 5 chimes then it was off for good. The warning light on the dash to let you know someone did not have a seat belt on but no sound. My 2020 Rebel Owner's manual said to ask the dealer to turn it off and does not provide the directions. My dealer says he has no idea on how to turn it off (or he is afraid of some liability).

Does anyone know the trick to turning this chime off on a 2020 Ram Rebel? If any of you back a trailer into tight spots, a boat down a ramp or hunt, you know what a pain it is to have that chime going off all the time when you have to get in and out of the truck multiple times.

Thanks
Yep follow the link that BWL posted, works like a charm.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Everyone one of our FCA vehicles have it turned off.