Turn Signal Camera Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
yep, moved it too far, broke out of the carriage, tried to push it back in, pulled the sides away and slid it back in, now it doesn't even work, no sound, no nothing - need a new one! anyone got a new one, used one, mirror assembly?

getupkid is selling a set from his 2013 asking like 150.00 for the set I believe

Last edited:

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just found the motors on ebay - 3 min ago......, 50.00 but that's ok, I liked the mirrors getupkid had, but he didn't have puddle lights. I will try just the motor first and see how that goes, if not I will have to go with the whole mirror.

thank you! that is what I needed, Thank you guys.

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hi, need help one more time- what is the trick to putting the mirror back in? it feels loose, like its not really connected? or there is more play in the mirror than I had thought? it works, moves around up and down now that I got a replacement motor.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
hi, need help one more time- what is the trick to putting the mirror back in? it feels loose, like its not really connected? or there is more play in the mirror than I had thought? it works, moves around up and down now that I got a replacement motor.
If I remember correctly the bottom hooks on and the top clips in.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yes, that is correct, there are top clips and then there 2 metal tabs that clip in and I am concerned the metal clips are in, but not the top plastic clips, it seems floppy.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is an awesome write up ! I will be adding cameras in the future !

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i installed mine in the plastic mudflaps on the bottom of the fenders pointing backwards and sideways. they work great, but then I got running boards so I have to move them now!
I am selling the cameras with the plastic fenders if anyone wants them- I can send you pics, pm me- I tried that mirror router and broke my damn mirror had to get it fixed under warranty.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks Doc ! I plan on installing the front cam and a cargo cam in the 3rd brake Lt assy. I doubt I'll install the mirror / blind spot cam because I plan on installing tow mirrors in the future .
Hell I haven't even installed my RA4 8.4 yet LOL , I've got everything for the 8.4 upgrade now , just haven't been able to get to it yet .
You should post pics on how the mud flap cam looks installed and displayed on the radio screen they may sale here with this thread gaining new life today .

butterscotch71

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Limited Longhorn
Engine
i installed mine in the plastic mudflaps on the bottom of the fenders pointing backwards and sideways. they work great, but then I got running boards so I have to move them now!
I am selling the cameras with the plastic fenders if anyone wants them- I can send you pics, pm me- I tried that mirror router and broke my damn mirror had to get it fixed under warranty.

So you took the mirror apart, broke it, and then told the dealer it just broke and they took care of it under warranty? Wow...no wonder FCA is so pick about warranty approvals when this kind of stuff is happening.

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Butter go back and read, I broke the motor, and I bought my new motor on ebay - the dealer put it in for me and agreed to warranty it all from here on out - they covered the labor, not the part, so lets not just be a jerk and assume people are pulling fast ones- take the time to read before you type. This is supposed to be a helpful forum, not one that says things like you said.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So you took the mirror apart, broke it, and then told the dealer it just broke and they took care of it under warranty? Wow...no wonder FCA is so pick about warranty approvals when this kind of stuff is happening.
Don't take this the wrong way buddy , I've blabbed my mouth to quick befor as well . Ref . the screenshot below .

9122f29dffa75abc058608573ba478eb.jpg

matt.davidson09

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 RAM 2500 Laramie Mega Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Doc can you post pictures of your mud flap camera views? I have a severe love/hate for this forum because I never would have thought of this idea on my own...annnnd now after reading this thread I absolutely have to throw money at it. Excellent thread OP and contributors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
sure, wife has the truck now and I can post them tonight.

I will tell you, I finally got running boards as I am doing a lift and the wife got tired of the running jump, so I am relocating the cameras to under the running boards-- but right now they are in the mud flaps on the bottom I can send. replacement mud flaps are 13.00 if you cut them and change your mind.

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
Wow, great thread. Very creative, very bold. For the poster who was worried about drilling thru the factory painted mirror housing, I have a suggestion. Try using one of those stepped drills, like they have at Harbor Freight. Those do a super clean job drilling thru plastic, sheet metal, etc. They cut a very clean, perfectly round hole, and if you're real careful you can even chamfer the cut edge.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Wow, great thread. Very creative, very bold. For the poster who was worried about drilling thru the factory painted mirror housing, I have a suggestion. Try using one of those stepped drills, like they have at Harbor Freight. Those do a super clean job drilling thru plastic, sheet metal, etc. They cut a very clean, perfectly round hole, and if you're real careful you can even chamfer the cut edge.
Masking tape should do the trick too. Just tape the location and cut slow. My cameras came with their own drill bits.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Trey J

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great job. Can you give me the site for the camera and will it work with my normal uconnect? I definitely want to do it for my blindside spot.

Last edited: