turn signal light bulb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cindyg493

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
does anyone know how to simply change a light bulb?? The right front turn signal has gone bad and needs replacing. I thought I could simply replace it but no............I have to take out plastic and rubber from under the hood over the grill. I need to take out the grill, go in through the wheel well an unlock the assembly, I need to take out the assembly and then I can remove the light bulb and replace it. Is there an easy fix to all this? It used to be easy to change a light bulb. I paid under $10.00 for a 2 pack of lights and it may cost me making an appointment with someone to change it and the prices I have been quoted are from $40.00 to $80.00 or they will take it out for $40. and I have to replace it myself and put everything back together again. Why can't it be easy like it used to be?? Just change the bulb!! I have a 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi. I am a 71 year old woman and remember easier times!

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Its really not that hard I promise. turn your wheels and just undo that cover, pull the lever back the grill takes all of 2 minutes to remove and the headlights are super simple to take out as well. Just a couple of I think its 10 mm bolts. Its a 10 minute job. I can have mine out in about 5 minutes. If you want me to I can go out and tell you the exact sizes of the bolts.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Its really not that hard I promise. turn your wheels and just undo that cover, pull the lever back the grill takes all of 2 minutes to remove and the headlights are super simple to take out as well. Just a couple of I think its 10 mm bolts. Its a 10 minute job. I can have mine out in about 5 minutes. If you want me to I can go out and tell you the exact sizes of the bolts.
You don't have to remove the grill to pop the lights out,if you use a long extension and a magnetic 10mm socket.I use my cordless drill ,and can have them out in about 2 min's.I learned how to pull them,as i fought a HID set-up in my old 13 for 6 months,before i finally said fluck-it and put the original lights back in.Jeremy at Retro-shop knew my address off the top of his head by the time i gave up,lol

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
You can actually change the turn signal bulbs without removing anything ... just go in through the wheel well and stick your hand in there and turn the bulb, I promise you that you can do it, I did it to mine without removing anything ... but only the turn signal bulbs can be removed this way ....

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can actually change the turn signal bulbs without removing anything ... just go in through the wheel well and stick your hand in there and turn the bulb, I promise you that you can do it, I did it to mine without removing anything ... but only the turn signal bulbs can be removed this way ....
This is 100% accurate. If I can get my huge mitts in there to change them, you can too.

Douglas Lehman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
does anyone know how to simply change a light bulb?? The right front turn signal has gone bad and needs replacing. I thought I could simply replace it but no............I have to take out plastic and rubber from under the hood over the grill. I need to take out the grill, go in through the wheel well an unlock the assembly, I need to take out the assembly and then I can remove the light bulb and replace it. Is there an easy fix to all this? It used to be easy to change a light bulb. I paid under $10.00 for a 2 pack of lights and it may cost me making an appointment with someone to change it and the prices I have been quoted are from $40.00 to $80.00 or they will take it out for $40. and I have to replace it myself and put everything back together again. Why can't it be easy like it used to be?? Just change the bulb!! I have a 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi. I am a 71 year old woman and remember easier times!
I have a 2014 Laramie and everything you mentioned removing is correct. I just replaced rh headlight bulb that took me just over an hour. Not difficult but certainly a hassle. Good luck!

george55378

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And a long extension for that 10mm bolt down low.

Fuuxcore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel 5500
My right light side, turn tire left, on the protective cover there an access door removed, there a bulb there. now tell me how to get out???