Turn signals not working. HELP!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PNW 1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
So I am borrowing a trailer from a friend of mine with the standard round plug. When he dropped the trailer off all the lights worked on it. I plugged it into my truck and nothing I looked at the receptacle on the truck and it looks like who ever wired it took a chapter out of the Roadkill book. I figured I'd try and reattach the wires that had come loose from the back of the receptacle but of course none of the wires match the color of the stock wire harness for the truck. Well now none of my blinkers work. I replaced the flasher relay in the fuse panel and the 10 amp fuse for blinkers is still intact. The blinkers all worked prior to this. None of the wires are currently connected to the trailer receptacle. I do currently have running lights, brake lights, reverse lights and all that jaz. There is no clicking of the relay when I turn blinker one way or the other nor hazards. Also when I hit the brakes and hit the blinker switch the light corresponding to the side is no longer lit. Before I drop $60 on a new blinker switch i wanna cover all the other possibilities first. Help asap is appreciated. I do plan to replace the trailer hook up with an OEM style hook up but for now just need blinkers. The truck is a 1998 1500 with 5.9 magnum.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
this sounds like a bad ground to me have had similar issues in the past. make sure all roadkill wires are individually taped off.

If it was me, I would find wire harness behind cab, and redo all the lights, and wire a new 4 flat, or the combo 7 round and 4 flat harness in.