Turning 71 and just need to rant!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

freebird6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I let mine go years ago. Not worth it to me. Mobile sirius using my wifes number off her Buick and play through the Media tab. All other stuff just uses Bluetooth through the head unit and Google assistant on the phone.

Ramsoso

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
17/1500 Laramie Longhorn. Got truck 2020 uconnect came with. Remote start, nav isn't great but wrks. But want And Apparently can't get is remote lock/unlock from smart ph/laptop.
I couldn't believe it.
I Bluetooth spotify love it, music, Playlists, podcast. Had Siriusxm..they Will beg you back with deals after a time.

Jim Carelas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L V6
Download the maps to your phone when you're on your home network. Google maps lets you download both routes and general areas so the map is already on your phone and the only data used is traffic data, etc. We routinely do this when traveling to areas that have lousy coverage (say, Death Valley) or where our data will be limited (say, Madrid). You use almost no data that way. Then you can delete the maps you don't need any longer if you aren't going back to that area or keep them and it'll automatically update occasionally on your home network.
I noticed if I do a search at home on Google Maps. Then go to the Truck and plug in my Android the "Searchable Address" is just one key stroke away from displaying on the Ram Screen. I believe this is what you are talking about. And again the Data is very small. Plus the Google driving assistance is so much better than any one of the three GPS's I have used thru the years. (Wish I could get the same quality on my Electra Glide Harley's GPS)....

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I noticed if I do a search at home on Google Maps. Then go to the Truck and plug in my Android the "Searchable Address" is just one key stroke away from displaying on the Ram Screen. I believe this is what you are talking about.

No, I'm talking about downloading a given area, not just a particular route. Say, download the entire city of St. Louis or the Death Valley National Park + surrounding areas. Then you can navigate anywhere in that area with no data.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Heres how I do it. Follow the arrows.
Sign in google maps and click your icon.
Screenshot_20220624-144305_Maps.jpg
Click Offline Maps
Screenshot_20220624-144417_Maps.jpg
Click Select Your Own Maps
Screenshot_20220624-144547_Maps.jpg
Then scroll to the area you want a map of and use two fingers to shrink or zoom in to refine the area to minimize memory.
Screenshot_20220624-144650_Maps.jpg
Finally just click DOWNLOAD

Jim Carelas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L V6

ColesRAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
Interesting and informative thread. I’m a new RAM owner and still learning the connect system on my 2020 Laramie. Lots of features supported from my smart phone , so uconnect subscription really isn’t necessary. However, I would like the remote car status report that the uconnect subscription provides but not at the price they want. I assume there is no other app that provides that kind of remote car visibility (?).

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have found the uConnect Voice system to be junk in my '18. I prefer to just yell at my phone/trigger Google on my phone, over the uConnect Voice control. I have it set to trigger on "HEY GOOGLE!". Unfortunately it also triggers a lot when I talk to my son, but... No paying fees for **** that shouldn't be nearly what they charge. I "tried" SiriusXM Guardian when I had the free trial, and found it totally junk, even on AT&T 4G. It was consistently hours, and hundreds of miles (if I was traveling) off.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
the built-in nav works fine for me.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I noticed if I do a search at home on Google Maps. Then go to the Truck and plug in my Android the "Searchable Address" is just one key stroke away from displaying on the Ram Screen. I believe this is what you are talking about. And again the Data is very small. Plus the Google driving assistance is so much better than any one of the three GPS's I have used thru the years. (Wish I could get the same quality on my Electra Glide Harley's GPS)....
I only have an '06 Honda Trike. But do have a mount and charge port so I can use my I Phone for maps, gets me where I need to be. Have a desire to get a new wing, but not the 54K for a 22, lol, so ole trusty '06 gotta do.

On my 2019 DT RAM, I only have U Connect 4 plain jane radio, no 911, guardian, sos, any of dat BS, not even OTA's, do everything through phone, works for me.