Turning off rear O2 sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got my trinity in from hemifever and was curious if it was possible to turn the rear O2 sensors off with the trinity?

I had a bad cat that had some rattling going on so I just went ahead and chopped them both off. I did the non fouler trick and that lasts about a month and the light come back on. Anyone know if the trinity will turn them off?

Thanks.

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok sweet. I believe the cmr tuning was included. So ill be checking back with Sean. Thanks

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok Sean hooked me up with a new tune to fix the CEL. Now I can't figure how to load it correctly. There was 2 files he sent me back. I used his instructions which are:

1. Use dsdownloader and select the ADVANCED tab and choose add file.
2. select one of my tunes to load in
3. it will ask for the original backup file and give you a potential match. Don't use the potential match. Browse to YOUR original backup file that you emailed me and select that.
4. Then select to add the other tune
5. select to send tune to tool

I did 1-3 no problem but #4 is when I got confused. The other tune is a tcm file I presume because it says tcm in the file name. While trying to add the second tune file on the software it ask for the original back up so I match it with the original tcm backup. I sent it to the trinity and plugged it back up in the truck. It says a "number wrong" and "can't be used". I believe it is saying the tcm file cant be used because the numbers it gives match. I know I'm doing something wrong. When it says "the select to add the other tune" what exactly do I do?

I would email Sean but I had enough issues receiving the emails and I know he has to be tired of dealing with me for the day lol.

Last edited:

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
plug the tuner in without loading those two files in, go into the diagnostics menu and select show calid it should bring up a number for the pcm and if working the tcm. Eat your tuner back to stock after that and run load a basic tube for each file, that should save an original backup file for both tcm and pcm. Go through the advanced load options like he said to do to load both files. The custom pcm tune gets matched with the original backup for the pcm the same goes for the tcm ( easiest way to make sure theseare separate Iis to put the originals in a different file than any new tunes you receive, thus way you don't mix them up). After they get loaded, take the tuner to your truck but before you plug it in, turn the key to the on position ( not started) then plug it in. There have been issues with loading the tunes in the 05 & 06 years. After that load them up and see what happens. I could not get Sean's tcm tune to load. not sure if it wasn't written right or what but I went else where and am thrilled with the results. Another thing to ask that I am not sure would or would not make a difference is to make sure he knows yours is a 4.7 not a hemi, the file might have to be different, again not sure on that but it's worth asking. If you still can't get it to work I'll give you the name/ number of the guy that did mine and you can see if his works.

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for that info! Ill try it like you mentioned. It will be after work today but ill post back here with the outcome.

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
plug the tuner in without loading those two files in, go into the diagnostics menu and select show calid it should bring up a number for the pcm and if working the tcm. Eat your tuner back to stock after that and run load a basic tube for each file, that should save an original backup file for both tcm and pcm. Go through the advanced load options like he said to do to load both files. The custom pcm tune gets matched with the original backup for the pcm the same goes for the tcm ( easiest way to make sure theseare separate Iis to put the originals in a different file than any new tunes you receive, thus way you don't mix them up). After they get loaded, take the tuner to your truck but before you plug it in, turn the key to the on position ( not started) then plug it in. There have been issues with loading the tunes in the 05 & 06 years. After that load them up and see what happens. I could not get Sean's tcm tune to load. not sure if it wasn't written right or what but I went else where and am thrilled with the results. Another thing to ask that I am not sure would or would not make a difference is to make sure he knows yours is a 4.7 not a hemi, the file might have to be different, again not sure on that but it's worth asking. If you still can't get it to work I'll give you the name/ number of the guy that did mine and you can see if his works.

Your the man. That worked. He wants me to do a 3 minute log at part throttle and wot with 7 different parameters. How do I fit 7 on the screen? I can't only get 6 and if I try 7 the record option doesn't work.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
are you doing it on the tuner or a laptop with the tuner plugged in? I do the logs on a laptop and can do much more than 7.

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ah I was doing it on the tuner. I now remember that I read about someone using there laptop but it didn't click until you mentioned it. Ill get this all figured out one day.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
yeah with the laptop you can check 20+ at a time

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
it takes some time to get the hang of it all, just take notes and ask a lot of questions when you get stuck. After a while it becomes second nature.

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah i love doing stuff like this. I cant have it stock. Just like with smartphones, when i get a new one i always root them and flash a custom rom with androids and jailbreak my iphone and load up a bunch of tweaks. Its like a drug.

I got the tunes loaded up and sent him the log and he said that it looked good and to run it.

I'm happy with the tunes. Transmission shifts very aggressive, which i love. One thing i'm curious about. What is the deal with diablo and not being able to raise the shift points or the rev limiter? I was trying to do a 0-60 run and it hit the rev limiter shifting out of 1st. I went back and modified the tune and raised it just a tad but it had no effect. I read there is an issue with it but no real answers.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
you absolutely should be able to raise the rev limiter and shift points, that's an issue with the tune.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
my rev limiter is set to 7000rpm set in the engine tune and my WOT shift points are at 6600rpm set through the tcm tune.

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thought it was the tune also but I raised it on the 93 octane canned tunes and tried them out but still the same results. The wot shifts points only hit 5800ish when I supposedly raised it to 6100 for 1-2 and 6200 for 2-3. The rev limit in gear was raised to 7000. I will have to find the post I found where it was happening to others.

What Crom are you on? I think my trinity came with crom version 1r09h.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
I'm running a dsp not a trinity. and it's the latest one from September of last year, not going update it because I don't want to update either the pcm tune or tcm tune.

the shift points don't hold in the user adjustable ones, they auto adjust so you don't hurt it so that makesa little sense. hitting the rev llimiter in first is what really doesn't sound right. I bet he set the WOT shift points to right around the 5800 mark maybe a little more because that's where your springs are good to, and the rev limiter want adjusted high enough or went back to default.

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ah I see. I may see if i can get him to keep it from overlapping. It sounds like poop. But then again its not hurting anything to bad so maybe its best leaving it alone.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
no, if it's doing that it's not running right which means you're not getting the full potential out of it. And if it's hitting a rev limiter or hitting a wall it can heat up the trans and rev too high, so not good. You never want that too happen where it feels like it's slipping. In this case it's worth getting it fixed or removing it all together.

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh. Yeah I don't need that. I'm learning. Ill shoot him an email to see what he can do.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
best to get him a video log of what it's doing and the log file at the same time. easier to see visually.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock