Tyger Bumper Guard (bull bar) install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SBelt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Diesel
Well I received and installed the Tyger Bumper Guard today. Several pictures of before during and after below. First, out out the package, the bar looks very good. Nicely coated in a satin black krinkle finish. Seems pretty thickly coated. It appears well built, with a nice light bar mount, and integrated license plate relocation provided. I doubt that I'll use the license plate relocation on my truck, enough of the plate is visible, i think it will be fine.

Install is pretty straight forward with a few caveats. First, you lose your tow hooks, but i was fine with that. Second, when you pull out the rear bolts from the tow hooks the nut used has an integrated alignment tab that's caputred under the shutter mounting bracket. Try as I might i could not find a way to rotate that and get it out due to the shape of the alignment tab and that it's under the shutter mounting bracket. I looked at removing that bracket but that looked even more complicated. So i used my dremel and cut that tab off and extracted the nut and tab separately. If not for the this, the bracket installation would have been lsss than 10 mins per side.

From there just bolt on and align the bar to the brackets. One thing I noticed is the brackets are painted rather than powder coated. I may pull them back off later and powder coat them since they're partially visible. I think they would look better.

I think it looks good with the Night package since everything is blacked out. These pictures show my nilight 20" bar which mounted easily to the bar's mounting tab. I'll be adding two 6" mini bars on the top using tube clamp mounts tomorrow. I'll add new pics when those are done.

This thing is only $169 on amazon, and though not prime, it was free delivery and I got it in 4 days.

So far I'm very happy with it in general, but given the limited options out there for 5th gen 2500 bull bar/light bar setups, I think its a good deal. Time will tell how it holds up.20210129_174018.jpg 20210129_174002.jpg 20210129_174010.jpg 20210129_171159.jpg 20210129_171209.jpg

farmallboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Looks real sweet! Good work.

FYI. If I understand correctly, you loosen the bolt from the outside of the frame rails and the nut and bracket come off together. That's how mine came off.

OP
OP
S

SBelt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Diesel
Looks real sweet! Good work.

FYI. If I understand correctly, you loosen the bolt from the outside of the frame rails and the nut and bracket come off together. That's how mine came off.

Do you have a 21? If not, I wonder if they're different. See the pic below for how mine is. You can the "tab" going under the shutter system bracket. Removing that bracket didn't look like an option given the amount of disassembly that would have required. 20210129_200243.jpg

Airmousam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I've had good with Tyger stuff..had an issue a few years ago with corrosion on a step and they took care of it asap