Tymate tpms review for my trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've made a few posts about this but they are scattered among the camping thread so I'll sum them up here.

Bottom line is it works now that I installed the repeater and I like it. The max range they said that the system has is 36'. I think that's pushing it. It's 33' from my dash where the monitor sits to the front wheels of my trailer and it didn't read the sensors in real time. It picked some of the sensors up every now and then. It's 36' to the rear wheels and my trailer is 29' 3".

I ended up buying the repeater they sell and wired it up at the front of my trailer. That solved the problem. Now it reads in real time. It was very easy to install just follow the directions where it says to turn on the monitor BEFORE you install the sensors.

The price varies because it's always going on sale. I picked it up from Amazon. They sell different kits most without the repeater and some with. Because I got the system on sale and bought the repeater separate it was actually cheaper than buying the kit with the repeater.

It has pressure and temperature for each wheel and can do up to 6 tires. It also has an alarm for high and low pressure as well as high temperature. You set the limits. My model charges using solar or a USB cable. Some models only charge using solar.

My only real complaint is that you can't turn off the monitor. I think it goes to sleep but it doesn't have an off switch. Other than that I really like it especially for the price.

Tymate Tire Pressure Monitoring System M12-3 - Solar Charge, 5 Alarm Modes, Auto Sleep Mode, Tire Position Exchange, 4 TPMS Sensors (0-87 PSI) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S7CP3PB/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_FFEH050HA0FR7BMYSXA2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Tymate RP05 Repeater https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H7Y7L24/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_QQ933XJM2JJM8NP94FKN?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1