U Connect skipping radio stations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goosehunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2018 Ram Bighorn 5.7. The U Connect system will randomly switch radio stations non stop. I have also had it switch from A/C to defrost to rear view window defrost and so forth. If i disconnect the battery it will quit for a few days and then start back in. Also the screen looks like a screensaver starting to peel off a little. Not sure if it has a screen saver or not. I contacted U Connect which if you enter your VIN # it says system is updated. I talked to U Connect and they say i need update 39.6. That to me looks like nothing but a map upgrade. Any guidance on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Plus there is on 40,000 miles on the truck.
Thank you

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
That year range they were known for issues including delaminating on the radio face. Unless you have an extended warranty, it may not be covered. I would take it to the dealership and see if they will do a "good faith" warranty claim. If not, I would reach out to @RamCares.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
That year range they were known for issues including delaminating on the radio face. Unless you have an extended warranty, it may not be covered. I would take it to the dealership and see if they will do a "good faith" warranty claim. If not, I would reach out to @RamCares.
Hey,

We appreciate being tagged in this! If you do decide to take your vehicle to the dealership, still reach out! We can assist you while you're vehicle is being diagnosed and repaired.

Callie
Ram Cares

blue ghost

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 sport
Engine
hemi 5.7
I had the same problem, they had to replace the radio, make sure you record it to show them.

Bmitch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
My 2018 is doing the same-jumps from station to station. Unusable and you can't turn the damn thing off. Anyone recommend an aftermarket replacement? I have 0 faith in any dealership.

BigMike518

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yup, I had my radio recent replaced. I noticed the delam about a year ago but didn’t have any issues until recently when it would randomly push buttons by itself. Couldn’t listen to radio or change climate. It was covered under my Maxcare.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
The delamination is what causes the random radio behaviour. Even slight delamination that is barely noticable will cause it, especially on bumpy roads. The vibration is interpreted as screen touches. A cell phone power cord run too close to the screen and vibrating will do the same thing.

The radio and connect system is one of the greatest weaknesses of the newer model FCA products.