Uconnect 17.11.17 & RAMs with Cargo & Rear Cameras in Separate Displays

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nuts. Not exactly sure just yet whether it's a 2015 or 2016 radio, when I signed up for SiriusXM Radio they said it was a Jeep Cherokee or something like that. I thought the Radio was a 2016 but when I look at my SiriusXM account it now says 2015 Ram. Any definitive way I can find out with the Head unit model & serial number? Since it was a later model radio the USB port didn't work as it only has the blue tooth Icon, no USB or Aux Icons :-( Maybe a mini USB stick (is there such a thing?) could plug directly in the back of the radio? Or maybe I have to get a OBD Genie to enable the USB port and then download the update.
OBD genie used to sell the media port Genie to bring the media ports up on the new radios after we install them in the 2013 and 2014 trucks. My 14 came with a center console to and all of mine have been present on all the radios I installed. I've installed the 13 14 15 and 16 radio and they always showed up but I have heard of some cases where they don't come up on the screen. If you can get the part number off the radio M2 Mods has most of the part numbers listed and they can tell you pretty much what radio it is. Also if you did a reset on the radio they might show up. Thing I would try is figuring out what year your radio is getting the firmware off the Uconnect website and just plug in the USB stick in and see if the radio recognizes it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

deere812

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
For anyone that has a 2014 or 2015 RAM that has a cargo camera which is no longer working due to the most recent software update 17.11.07 or if you did the factory reset and it reset to 17.11.17 I found out today that there is a software update that fixes it but as of today you will have to go to the dealer to get it because it is not out yet. I went to my local dealer as soon as mine updated and my camera quit and they sent him the software update that fixed it which was 17.11.37

cuttymcgavin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For anyone that has a 2014 or 2015 RAM that has a cargo camera which is no longer working due to the most recent software update 17.11.07 or if you did the factory reset and it reset to 17.11.17 I found out today that there is a software update that fixes it but as of today you will have to go to the dealer to get it because it is not out yet. I went to my local dealer as soon as mine updated and my camera quit and they sent him the software update that fixed it which was 17.11.37

So the new update corrected the button layout? When u click the cargo cam icon it shows the cargo cam now? Please elaborate on the fix as I would prefer to do this than swap my pins.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
So the new update corrected the button layout? When u click the cargo cam icon it shows the cargo cam now? Please elaborate on the fix as I would prefer to do this than swap my pins.

I've seen reports of a 17.43.x SW update at other sites but haven't gotten any confirmation/feedback from anyone about it or exactly what if anything has changed. Maybe @deere812 can elaborate.
Various model year Vin's I have for checking for updates aren't pulling it up on uConnect's update site either.

http://www.ramforum.com/index.php?posts/1458159]M² Mods.

cuttymcgavin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yup I just downloaded that and installed it this morning. Worst move, it just removes the cargo cam and back up cam buttons and now the cargo cam no longer comes on when vehicle is put in reverse only the bu cam on rearview. I would have preferred to stay with the older software and just moved the pins!! Man they suck over there!! Can't they just get it right!!

Zakimodo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Updated mine tonight. I have a backup camera in the review mirror. When I went to the 17.11 update I lost the guidance lines in the mirror camera and the radio thought the cargo camera was the backup camera (I think this thread covers those reasons well).

Anyway back to the 17.43 update. My pickup now knows what my cargo camera is, no longer thinks its the backup camera. Unfortunately, the guidance lines on the mirror camera are still missing. It feels like the pickup doesn't even know it has a backup camera. I did lose the ability to "swap" between camera inputs, but because I hadn't re-routed my cameras that didn't matter to me anyway.

rack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
on my 2015 ram with the 17.11.17 soft ware, both cameras displayed when in reverse - backup camera in the mirror and the cargo mirror in the radio display. i updated to the 17.43.01 software and now only the backup camera in the rear view mirror comes on automatically. i really liked having both cameras on at the same time. how do i get them both to display, cargo in radio display and backup in the rear view?

Jordan Shedd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you so much for all the great info here!
Spots 24, 25, 26 are empty for my plug, I want to add wires. What type of crimp terminal can I buy to stick in there? Like factory wires are done.
Thanks!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Spots 24, 25, 26 are empty for my plug, I want to add wires. What type of crimp terminal can I buy to stick in there? Like factory wires are done.
Check out this thread: M² Mods
It's a good possibility that @Mpgrimm2 can make you up what your looking for.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Edited previous post with corrected info. I overlooked the fact that you have not rerouted the backup camera display to the radio. DeereGuy was on top of it and explained it better.

If you decide you want the bu cam to display on the radio also (or only), just let us know and we can make you a Reroute harness.

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!
Hello again. I was able to get a 8.4 UAS out of a 2019, works very well but the bright blue screen on backup (I have 2500 Tradesman 2018 so camera displays in mirror) is a bit obnoxious. I have been reading this and other thread about adding camera in tailgate latch. Since I have camera already is there an easy way to have camera display both in mirror and on screen? I read the quoted text and am hoping yes.