Uconnect 4C 8.4 Inch Display - locking up when display surface is hot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paulos G

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Warlock
Engine
V-6 3.6 Liter 24-Valve
Hello anyone, has your Uconnect 4C 8.4 Inch touchscreen display locks up in the afternoon hours after going home from work? It has happen to me several times on my 2020 1500 Warlock and I just got this awesome pickup in late September 2020. What has happen is in my area of Phoenix Arizona when I go home from work the interior is hot and I turn on the air conditioner on to cool my interior of my vehicle and when I put on the radio, the station is locked and i can't change the station to another channel. Its stuck and noticed the surface of the 8.4" display is hot. Only time it works is during mornings and evening hours where the 8.4" Uconnect works noramally. Is that what happens to anyone else on your 8.4" display after you go home from work in hot climate areas? I want to know if I need to take it back to the dealer to have them check it out. Every time I turn on my pickup in the morning the 8.4" display surface is warm to hot. What do I need to do before I take it to the dealer ? I'm fearing that my multi-media unit will fail in hot climate areas when we get hot summers here.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hello anyone, has your Uconnect 4C 8.4 Inch touchscreen display locks up in the afternoon hours after going home from work? It has happen to me several times on my 2020 1500 Warlock and I just got this awesome pickup in late September 2020. What has happen is in my area of Phoenix Arizona when I go home from work the interior is hot and I turn on the air conditioner on to cool my interior of my vehicle and when I put on the radio, the station is locked and i can't change the station to another channel. Its stuck and noticed the surface of the 8.4" display is hot. Only time it works is during mornings and evening hours where the 8.4" Uconnect works noramally. Is that what happens to anyone else on your 8.4" display after you go home from work in hot climate areas? I want to know if I need to take it back to the dealer to have them check it out. Every time I turn on my pickup in the morning the 8.4" display surface is warm to hot. What do I need to do before I take it to the dealer ? I'm fearing that my multi-media unit will fail in hot climate areas when we get hot summers here.

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn