Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zimmermc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am still having issues with CarPlay disconnecting and reconnecting while on 3 hour trip on two different times. Truck and iPhone are current on updates. Please investigate and attempt to resolve. Thank you

DB Cooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETORQ
Another nearly useless post from Ram Cares.

Almost no one has a 2022 Ram here - yet they're boasting about taking care of complaints and problems from the newest released 2022 model.

What about all the complaints from the owners of the '19, '20 & '21 models ???

Again Courtney and Ram Cares ... YOU DON'T CARE.

The Social Engagement Team doesn't have solutions for our questions and the time we spend waiting for someone to either get on the phone or get back to us is forever! Where's the answers to all the problems reported that the Team doesn't have answers for yet remain a "DRIVING DISTRACTION AND SAFETY HAZARD" to the driver?

Where
Are
Those
Fixes
???
I have a '22, Appreciate their effort and communication.

SaintlySins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
@RamCares....

I have a 2022 Rebel (Feb build date) with the 5c 12" radio and is currently running FoTa v21.D5 ...

There are still issues with TomTom maps not updating traffic, Gas prices, weather etc.

I had access to a 2022 Limited with same 5c 12" radio but a 2021 build date that got the latest FoTa v23.13 which fixed All the above issues (I observed this personally).

I was told by my local dealer that the TSB 08-025-22 for v23.13 only applies to vehicles built before January 2022 with 5c radios and that's why it wasn't available for my truck? (Previous version 21.D5 says it's for earlier trucks yet my truck still updated to it).

Same radio, same year truck, yet can't get the FoTa update to fix this issue?
They're not going backward to remedy issues in the vehicles that brought many issues and errors to light ... they're fixing them for the newer units.

The short sidedness of fixing the present from issues in the past is also becoming a big problem! If you Google "Android Auto Samsung S22 Ultra" there are forum after forum of the phone, AA and UConnect failing completely!
No other car manufacturer has the problems AA, UConnect and @RamCares has with modern technology syncing, effectively and making the driving experience safer.

They have essentially made using the Ram and the phone an unsafe and hazardous condition.

My Honda, the Mercedes and the Porsche all connect and sync without issue.

@RamCares is not at all embarrassed by this. I sincerely think they've got the wrong people running the technology division and we'll never see an update that encompasses the issues we deal with over last few years as well catches up to the latest technology in phones being released now.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
@SaintlySins
While I can relate to your irritation with your situation on the 19-21 4c 12" systems/lack of updates (some of your issues are with Google's design of AA) ...
... You don't have a 2022 5c radio and your constant bashing of @RamCares is not helpful in this thread to those of us looking for info on the 5c updates.

SaintlySins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
@SaintlySins
While I can relate to your irritation with your situation on the 19-21 4c 12" systems/lack of updates (some of your issues are with Google's design of AA) ...
... You don't have a 2022 5c radio and your constant bashing of @RamCares is not helpful in this thread to those of us looking for info on the 5c updates.
I appreciate you relating to my irritation ... thank you for that and I mean it with sincerity. But @RamCares keeps offering to help, but never does.
They don't have a "parent" to complain to.
They don't direct me to another division, nor do they give any of us any hope for remedy.

My complaints and constant bashing isn't going to stop them from giving you the updates you're looking for .. but maybe ... just maybe ... someone at @RamCares might get so sick and tired of me they actually get me an answer.

I mean no disrespect to you or anyone on this forum. I have thanked everyone who's helped and advised me here. But if a company continually offers help and continually fails me/us ... I will continually try to get them to at bare minimum give me a solution that works - asking nicely hasn't worked for any of us and all my posts are hardly bashing them.

And ... at no point am I preventing them from giving you the updates you are looking for. I do not wield that power.

I hope you can see my quandary and why I persist.

EDIT: I just read your Signature @Mpgrimm2 - Can you help me with some of my issues? Do you work on hacks and work-arounds to the issues us older units have? I will pay you! If they can't do it, maybe you can, or you know someone who can. I'm really at my wits end! Thank you.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
several years back, FCA used to list phones that may or do have issues with the current version of Uconnect.

So they must have had someone borrowing phones to test the phone to see how well it worked with Uconnect

Then the results were posted

phones & that companies software changes quite often

Uconnect does not change software either yearly or bi-yearly

So it is up to the phone owner to complain to their phone manufacturer, to write & install a software patch, so that the phone will work with Uconnect.
Not the other way around.

Beacon003

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone,

We will continue to update this Uconnect 5 FOTA thread with the most up to the date software level and release date. We've heard your concerns and are happy to share that the national launch for our latest Flash Over The Air (FOTA) update began this morning (12/22/21)! For your convenience, I've included a snippet of the informational TSB 08-190-21 and the symptoms/conditions that it intends to address. With this FOTA, your Uconnect 5 systems will be brought up to a software level of S21D.5.

View attachment 480410

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Customers may experience one or more of the following--
  • Apple CarPlay Concerns
  • Black Screen
  • Loud buzzing noise followed by radio reboot
  • Unable to switch between media sources while playing SXM
  • Radio shows screen off when comfort popup appears
  • Phone won't reconnect when connection is lost
  • Delete device in settings menu doesn't work
  • App pages have black background
  • Radio does not fall asleep with ignition off
  • Radio is unresponsive
  • CarPlay will not connect
We appreciate your patience as the FOTA may take some time to reach your vehicle. In the meantime, if you are experiencing concerns with your Uconnect system, we kindly recommend performing a soft reset of your system. If anyone has specific questions or concerns, please feel free to send us a private message or reach out to our @UconnectCares team on Twitter.

Thanks,

Ram Cares
I just got my new 2022 2 days ago and having major issues with the 12 inch screen. I am running this S21D.5.

Having the following issues listed as a “fix”:

• Black Screen
  • Phone won't reconnect when connection is lost - sometimes
  • Radio is unresponsive

OP
OP
RamCares

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I just got my new 2022 2 days ago and having major issues with the 12 inch screen. I am running this S21D.5.

• Black Screen
  • Radio is unresponsive
Hi Beacon003,
Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN, we'd like to look into this for you.

Sarah
Ram Cares

gt8684

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@RamCares I'll also send you my VIN, yesterday on my drive home I was on a phone call and had the "Loud buzzing noise followed by radio reboot" happen to me as well.

Midnightrdr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

• Black Screen
  • Radio is unresponsive
I am having the same problems with my 2020 Laramie. Need to update software after hard reset. How is this done using USB port