uconnect 8.4 Navigation GPS stuck in Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If is the "shark fin" style antenna, the replacement Mopar one's can be found in the $40.00 range if I remember right. You have to pull the headliner down partially to gain access, but an easy job after that.

BKRK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Bighorn and my GPS has been showing I am in Montreal Canada for about 6 months now. I am in Arizona. I have no idea why this is. I have tried all suggestions from updating the software to doing the circles to unplugging the battery for 15 minutes. Nothing has corrected this problem. I did take it to dealer several months ago and they could not figure it out. They wanted to charge me $250 just to hook up a new antenna, just to see if that was the issue. I am trying not to go that costly route if I do not need to, but might end up that way. Does anyone have any further insight on why this is?

BKRK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also, Badger 13, do you know where to get that new shark fin antenna and is there a certain one for the unit I have, or do they all seem to work ok?

BKRK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hope the system continues to work for you. I had similar issues with my 8.4AN Uconnect. The map displayed a location in San Antonio, TX. I spent hours on the phone with Uconnect and Ram Care, and tried every trick and suggestion I could find. I learned that the Nav and satellite has nothing to do with Uconnect. The dealer was going to be the final option. I found a company in FL that does repairs on these radio's at a fraction of the cost of replacement, which the dealers want to do. I removed mine and sent it to them. I had good communication with them and good turn around time. Everything works fine now. Hope it works out for you. The dealers just tell you that this has been a "problem" radio and it has to be replaced..

what company is it in Florida that you sent it to?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Bighorn and my GPS has been showing I am in Montreal Canada for about 6 months now. I am in Arizona. I have no idea why this is. I have tried all suggestions from updating the software to doing the circles to unplugging the battery for 15 minutes. Nothing has corrected this problem. I did take it to dealer several months ago and they could not figure it out. They wanted to charge me $250 just to hook up a new antenna, just to see if that was the issue. I am trying not to go that costly route if I do not need to, but might end up that way. Does anyone have any further insight on why this is?
You can test it yourself with something like this...

Xtenzi Navigation GPS Fakra Antenna Compatible with Select VW Audi MFD2 RNS2 MFD3 RNS510 Sat Nav https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006AKVX2S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_M6-aDbZQK50HM

If it works and you don't listen to satellite radio you can leave it plugged in and call it a day.

I'm not sure if the one I linked to will plugin without modification but I think it will.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi