Uconnect Android Auto Cold Weather Temperature Connection Error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barney67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
2022 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew.
Since the recent temperatures have dropped into the teens the UConnect only briefly connects to Android Auto on my Samsung S22 for 5 seconds then gives a connection error. It then continues to cycle through connecting for 5 seconds then disconnecting. Prior to this morning if finally connects once the cabin temp warms up, but this morning it never permanently connected.
Any thoughts?

Bo B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have this issue too! I can't believe the cold weather messes with it like that! I tried several different cords. After driving for a bit and the truck warming up it will eventually connect.

Is there any way to hook up wirelessly? I messed a bit with the "mobile screen projection" and never could get it even connected.

Pears

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if this will help anyone, but it worked for me. My truck wouldn't connect either, tried 3 different cords with no luck.

I noticed this morning that the Android auto app had an update, so I ran it. Im now connected! Check your app to see if it needs updating....hope this helps

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Prior to this morning it finally connects once the cabin temp warms up, but this morning it never permanently connected.
Any thoughts?

As Pears mentioned, have you checked for an update for Android Auto?

I have this issue too! I can't believe the cold weather messes with it like that! I tried several different cords. After driving for a bit and the truck warming up it will eventually connect.

Is there any way to hook up wirelessly? I messed a bit with the "mobile screen projection" and never could get it even connected.

The older versions of Uconnect don't have the ability for a wireless connection to Android Auto. My '21 is the same, requires a wired connection for Andriod Auto. All my other phone services function wirelessly.

For both of you guys having difficulty during colder temperatures, have you tried keeping your phone in a pocket to keep it warmer?

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
FYI, there are wireless options.

I use a Motorola MA1 in my 2018 and it works quite well. It stays plugged in to the USB hub, so if yours stays powered at all times you may want to change that or just unplug it.

Rieggs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2019 and also use the Motorola MA1 and it works great. I've had zero connection issues. I also installed a wireless charging pad so I'm totally cable free.

Best thing about the MA1 is you don't even need to take your phone out of your pocket which is great for short trips when you're frequently in and out of your truck.