uConnect app questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbowden

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He I 5.7
I have been trying to use the uConnect app for my 2019 RAM and I find this app not very good. Are there any other updates or suggestions?

I am iPhone user.

Issues are it takes a long time to communicate to my RAM and there is no app feedback when it does finally complete a task like vehicle start, etc. Example: it does not show it actually started RAM and that is running.

Just seem like the app is not very good....

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
You are right. UConnect is horrible. The closest thing to knowing whether it worked or not is the message you receive back in the app that will either say the Command was received or it failed. And it typically takes about a minute for the commands to execute. Not sure why as my buddies Camaro starts up in about 10 seconds when he uses the phone app.

I just couldn’t imagine paying the price they want for the service with how it is now. Hopefully by the time I have to renew it’s better but I am not holding out hope since it was exactly the same on my 16 when I got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
Since you started a UConnect App thread I am going to tag on here and ask a question. I just moved from a 19 2WD Limited to a 4WD Laramie. Went from the 12 inch screen to the 8.4. In the UConnect app on the Laramie I have a new screen that I didn’t have before that gives me a sort of dash board that shows things like fuel, tire pressure and oil life. I never had that with the Limited but have had issues with that thing and Sirius Gaurdian from the day I bought it. So my question is, should I have had that or does the 8.4 Screen in the Laramie have more features? Screenshots below.

9f69f0c958573d6a3e614b68080d5f98.jpg77653813e0067f56822e9e14951cdab9.jpga344c7c3a6b1a10a78728d07295cc5ef.jpg

KeithS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wanted to follow up on dmalonecentral's question about the info tab on the Uconnect app. I also have the 12" screen on a 2019 limited and I do not have the info tab like above. So does the 12" screen just not have this capability? I'd love to have this info on the app.

Ram19 Owner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Since you started a UConnect App thread I am going to tag on here and ask a question. I just moved from a 19 2WD Limited to a 4WD Laramie. Went from the 12 inch screen to the 8.4. In the UConnect app on the Laramie I have a new screen that I didn’t have before that gives me a sort of dash board that shows things like fuel, tire pressure and oil life. I never had that with the Limited but have had issues with that thing and Sirius Gaurdian from the day I bought it. So my question is, should I have had that or does the 8.4 Screen in the Laramie have more features? Screenshots below.

I thought mine had the info tab but just looked and it’s not there. I have the 12” screen also. I do know my wife’s 2017 app had the info tab(which we didn’t renew) and was a nice feature.

Ram19 Owner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have been trying to use the uConnect app for my 2019 RAM and I find this app not very good. Are there any other updates or suggestions?

I am iPhone user.

Issues are it takes a long time to communicate to my RAM and there is no app feedback when it does finally complete a task like vehicle start, etc. Example: it does not show it actually started RAM and that is running.

In either the Uconnect app or the guardian app ensure you have messages enabled in the app. You’ll receive texts when a function is completed.

03FABD7A-B3D0-4135-B39B-093B242E67B0.jpeg

Ram19 Owner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I emailed them asking why the difference between radios and will post their reply here if I get one. I also noticed on the mopar site that my vehicle (again 12” radio”) doesn’t give health reports. Are they saying our vehicles aren’t as smart as earlier Uconnect versions?

1D0AA71E-7661-46E0-AB8B-78856E5E3880.jpeg 20A53D77-0833-4D84-BBEA-E7A82E8ABFB6.jpeg

Ram19 Owner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

Does the 8.4” have SiriusXM guardian also?

Here is FCA answer to my email.

1D279730-016F-47AC-A5EB-02A8F2F76368.jpeg

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
Does the 8.4” have SiriusXM guardian also?

Here is FCA answer to my email.

View attachment 154660

Yes, the 8.4 has SiriusXM Guardian and I guess more features since it has the Health info. [emoji1787]

Must be one of those things that just wasn’t ready before the deadline.

Ram19 Owner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Yes, the 8.4 has SiriusXM Guardian and I guess more features since it has the Health info. [emoji1787]

:angry94: :321: :chair: :manos: :throw: Time to write SiriusXM then :banghead:

Ram19 Owner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

I am iPhone user.

I’m curious if both the Uconnect app and the SiriusXM Guardian app (for those that don’t know they’re different apps) have the info tab for the 8.4”. I can say neither app has it for the 12”.

For those having issues with functions; which app are you using? I personally use the Uconnect app and have no issues. I have notifications turned on inside app settings and get all notifications.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
I’m curious if both the Uconnect app and the SiriusXM Guardian app (for those that don’t know they’re different apps) have the info tab for the 8.4”. I can say neither app has it for the 12”.

For those having issues with functions; which app are you using? I personally use the Uconnect app and have no issues. I have notifications turned on inside app settings and get all notifications.

I do not see the info screen on the SiriusXM Guardian app (just downloaded and checked), just the UConnect app. I’m my many dealings with Sirius in my previous Limited they instructed me I should be using the UConnect app.

Ram19 Owner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I do not see the info screen on the SiriusXM Guardian app (just downloaded and checked), just the UConnect app. I’m my many dealings with Sirius in my previous Limited they instructed me I should be using the UConnect app.

Thanks for checking. That’s good to know. Like you I prefer the Uconnect app also.

Donald Francis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I too have had and still having issues with Uconnect App.

Tomorrow will be the second time back at the Dealers. To see if they can get App to talk to truck.

I have spent endless time on the phone with XM trying stuff. At best the App work 5% of the time.

They even had me wipe all data from radio and start fresh. Then we called them using SOS then ASSIST while still being the phone with an XM agent NOTHING!

like I said back I go tomorrow to see if they can finally fix the issue

Donald Francis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know when an update for the useless Uconnect system might be coming out?

Ram19 Owner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Does anyone know when an update for the useless Uconnect system might be coming out?

There is one out there as of mid February. FCA says it’s being released/pushed by regions/areas to prevent issues with overloading. I’m assuming their servers/network because it would overload our trucks :gr_grin:

mike12193

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/E-Torque
I am hoping the next update will support the health info for the 12" screens. Kinda sucks that you spend more for the 12" screen and get less functionality.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
ya my u-connect feature wont accept my login anymore so kinda useless. message says unable to connect if I try to follow the "forgot my password" option even tho I am using the correct email address.

Ram19 Owner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
ya my u-connect feature wont accept my login anymore so kinda useless. message says unable to connect if I try to follow the "forgot my password" option even tho I am using the correct email address.

Have you had the truck over a year yet? After 12 months the app will no longer work. That is unless you pay the $250 guardian subscription.

2019 Laramie 5.7 Hemi • Chrome Appearance Package • Level 2 • 12” Nav • HK 19 • Line-X bed liner • Rear Wheel Liners