uConnect app questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I am in the 7th month. got my ram around first of september. I guess I was not given all the details on that. I have used my phone a cpl. times to lock/unlock truck when I didnt have my key handy but dont think that feature is worth spending any money for. is the 250$ an annual charge or for lifetime. I dont even see that in the info on their website just a 14.99/mo charge for some kind of service.

Arek1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got my Ram 5 days ago. Can't get the new XM Guardian Uconnect App to work at all. At the Mopar Owners page it states XM GuardianNot Activated. I called Guardian Assist three times. All they asked me to do is to reset my password on Mopar.com. That did not worked. When I login to Uconnect App it just displays a message 'No active accounts'. I used to have 2017 Laramie all worked fine in Uconnect. Could be that now removing 2017 and adding the new 2019 to my accounts confuses their software. I'm emailing back and forth with MCC hopefully they can find the problem.

Ram19 Owner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I am in the 7th month. got my ram around first of september. I guess I was not given all the details on that. I have used my phone a cpl. times to lock/unlock truck when I didnt have my key handy but dont think that feature is worth spending any money for. is the 250$ an annual charge or for lifetime. I dont even see that in the info on their website just a 14.99/mo charge for some kind of service.

From the mopar site.
1. Hit the XmGuardian image on your dashboard after logging in.
2. Hit the manage XmGuardian subscription. (Select the XmGuardian menu on left side of page if not already highlighted)

It should, at this point show you a page like this if it logs in automatically. Note that this total includes a discount for the 1st year after the 12 month trial period. From the sounds of it from other vehicle brand sites the 2nd year renewal won’t have the discount. Sooooo even more for the 2nd year or 3rd year of owning the vehicle if you want to look at it like that.

I just reactivated my wife’s Jeep 2017 Cherokee (because we’re on a trip and wanted the security) and it only cost $74.99 + taxes and fees (total of $92). That to me is more reasonably priced for the exact same services we get on the new ram trucks. It’s not called “XmGuardian” but again it’s the same exact features and services.
17715D71-670F-4CBF-84CD-AF1EA1F93135.png

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
seems pricey to me for the few things it does for you. I already have enough things that nick me 10-20/month. it all adds up. I already have roadside assistance with my usaa policy

Ronald Carter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.1
Please help! We just purchased a 2019 Laramie with 12” screen. My question is, “Does the Navigation provide alternative or options to a route, and if so how to access them?” Sorry

AARCH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I came from a 2017 F150 and used the FordPass app without any issues. I am super happy with my Ram 1500, and an iphone app wasn't even a consideration when buying my truck. However, now that I've had the truck and looked into the app, am I correct is understanding you have to PAY for the Uconnect app?! With Ford it was free and flawless. From what I'm reading, Uconnect is far from flawless and cost $$. Please enlighten me, if my understanding is wrong.

Ram19 Owner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I came from a 2017 F150 and used the FordPass app without any issues. I am super happy with my Ram 1500, and an iphone app wasn't even a consideration when buying my truck. However, now that I've had the truck and looked into the app, am I correct is understanding you have to PAY for the Uconnect app?! With Ford it was free and flawless. From what I'm reading, Uconnect is far from flawless and cost $$. Please enlighten me, if my understanding is wrong.

You are correct Sir. To continue using it you’ll have to pay(before taxes) $250ish after 12 months and close to or over $300 after 24 months as it stands now. My wife’s Jeep’s cost was $74.99 before taxes for all those features.

Rich P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
After 1 year of truck ownership ( 19 Laramie w/ 12" screen ) I feel the ap is useless, rarely works as it is supposed to and now that it is expired I definitely would NOT pay for it mnthly

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
yes. no u-connect or xm guardian for me as I dont see the value in it.

Nautikos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
Does anyone know if the Uconnect on a 2020 can be upgraded to allow remote lock/unlock/start?

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A (prior 2010,2019,2022)
Engine
Cummins
After 1 year of truck ownership ( 19 Laramie w/ 12" screen ) I feel the ap is useless, rarely works as it is supposed to and now that it is expired I definitely would NOT pay for it mnthly

I passed a year of ownership a few months ago. I set up the Uconnect app, everything online said it was set up, app on my phone had me logged in, could never get it to do anything. I tried to start the truck from my desk a couple days at work. The first time I sent the start request while I was shutting down the computer - wasn't running. The next day I tried to start the truck about 15 minutes before shutting down the computer - wasn't running. So I tried starting it sitting in my driveway that weekend while I was doing stuff outside - never started. Never opened the app again until today to see if I had the info button (it was there) just in time to see it tell my subscription was expired. Will not pay for it. To be fair, I probably wouldn't have even if it had worked at $250 a year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye