Uconnect Assist App - Any way to disable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marcun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, every time I start my truck the radio launches the Uconnect assist app and wants me to choose a call center for assistance. It has 3 options and every option I choose I get an error message (of course, because I don't have a cellular radio connection). Of course I can simply close the app and the radio operates just fine, but it's kind of annoying that it keeps asking and I have to go through that routine every time. Additionally I've noticed that if I don't close the app, then the radio will stay on, even after I turn the truck off and exit the vehicle. I once came back over an hour later to find my radio still going. After closing the app the radio immediately powered down. Obviously that's going to kill the battery if I forget to close the app at some point.

I have updated/upgraded my truck with the 8.4 RA4 radio and auto climate mods with MP Grimm's harness with the cell delete plug (I don't have the sharkfin antenna). I also upgraded to the smart mirror with the auto dim & bright features. I believe the radio also has the latest firmware (18.45.01).

Any thoughts on how to keep this from coming up?

Attachments

• PXL_20220827_130138522.jpg
    PXL_20220827_130138522.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 10

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
How long after the install did this start?

OP
OP
marcun

marcun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't remember specifically, but I think it was from the beginning. I've only have the truck for 3-4 months. It needed a lot of fixing up, and I did some upgrades along the way. :) Only really started to drive it for about a month now.

Edit: The original radio (RA2 I think) had a smashed screen, so I needed to replace it anyway. Thus the upgrade.

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Could be an issue with either the antenna or the software on the radio itself. Have you reached out to where you purchased the unit from?

OP
OP
marcun

marcun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It was a private purchase off of someone listing on FaceBook.

smittyd174

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Never had that call center issue but did have the issue where the radio would turn off . Had android auto connected, got home turned off truck radio still on which is set for 10 min power down or when you open door . Opened door radio still going , okay I know my radio has a mind of its own but what the heck .
Took my groceries in a radio still on , huh so turn off wifi an Bluetooth on phone turned key to on and then off , opened door and off it went . Tried to get it do it again but works as it should regardless off phone connection status . Anyway it does all kind of wierd things from dropping , changing presets and tonight it changed the background and later on changed it back .