Uconnect Crapp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colport833

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 Classic
Engine
hemi
Hi...my new version uconnect 5 is crap...always have to do hard resets..my buddy loses presets..why doesnt Ram just put previous versions back in...I saw a 2023 Jeep Willys...had the previous version uconnect in it...a 2023 Ram 1500 Classic had previous version mind you it had Nav option...is just a matter or pull these crap radios out then put in previous versions or more complicated?

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hi...my new version uconnect 5 is crap...always have to do hard resets..my buddy loses presets..why doesnt Ram just put previous versions back in...I saw a 2023 Jeep Willys...had the previous version uconnect in it...a 2023 Ram 1500 Classic had previous version mind you it had Nav option...is just a matter or pull these crap radios out then put in previous versions or more complicated?
I know it's an option to build the classic with a Connect 5. I'm not sure what the compatibility is though. If it's possible to swap I'd trade you a 4 just to try out a 5.

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Take the radio out and show us some pictures of the wiring.i would think they wouldn't make new dash harness just for the radio.they probably used some adaptors if they did you should be able to swap.

OP
OP
colport833

colport833

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 Classic
Engine
hemi
Considering a base model has the small radio..yes..doubt the harness has changed at all..will take some pics..soon.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Take the radio out and show us some pictures of the wiring.i would think they wouldn't make new dash harness just for the radio.they probably used some adaptors if they did you should be able to swap.
It does have a different harness. Some of the "true" forth gen guys have modded in a 5th gen radio (I believe from a classic, as I think they did it with minimal permanent mods to the truck, other than the harness adapter), and it requires an adapter harness. I've seen a few pics of the back of the 5th gen radio, and it is not the same as the 4th gen (I have an '18 with AA, and the back looks like a normal 8.4 uConnect 4, with a bunch of different styles of connectors, the 5th gen was I think just 2-3 connectors with like 400 pins.)

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We know the radio wiring Is different as the connectors are different.what I am saying is chrysler must have used some adapters or they would have to produce a whole new dash harness for a vehicle that could go out of production at any time.i don't think they would do that for limited number of trucks with the uconnect 5.by the way even with their adaptor harnesses they do not give full functions of the ucoonect 5.i tried one on my uas equipped 20 classic and the factory uconnect voice commands would not work.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Is Uconnect 5, the software that you MUST pay a monthly FEE to use.
Especially when it comes to Navigation

Before, you just paid a one time fee for NAV & then you could use the feature until it became outdated & then you bought the latest version, etc.

Uconnect/ ie; radio control, does make certain Body ( in cab ) features adjustable, in the MENU-Controls soft key

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is Uconnect 5, the software that you MUST pay a monthly FEE to use.
Especially when it comes to Navigation

Before, you just paid a one time fee for NAV & then you could use the feature until it became outdated & then you bought the latest version, etc.

Uconnect/ ie; radio control, does make certain Body ( in cab ) features adjustable, in the MENU-Controls soft key

Looks like the same subscription features as my 4th gen Uconnect4. But hopefully these actually work on the 5...
The couple times during my trial I tried to use half the features, they either didn't work at all, claimed to work but didn't, or were over a week behind. (The remote start from the app never seemed to work, nor did flashing the headlights, and the "lojack" in the app had me stuck in Georgia when I had stopped at a rest stop on the way to Florida, and had me sitting there for over a week, when I had completed my trip to Florida, driven home, and went to work in NC. Only "connected" feature I remember working reliably was the monthly vehicle health report.)