Uconnect Default Volume 15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Julio Perez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good Morning,
I've updated my 2019 classic UAS from 21.11.11 to 30.25 successfully in hopes of no longer being yelled at by the uconnect system since it defaults at 15 no matter which way I adjust it.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20210804_223748.jpg
    20210804_223748.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20210804-232320_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210804-232320_Drive.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 14

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Good Morning,
I've updated my 2019 classic UAS from 21.11.11 to 30.25 successfully in hopes of no longer being yelled at by the uconnect system since it defaults at 15 no matter which way I adjust it.

Any ideas?
Where did you get the firmware from? For me everything below 34.2 had this issue on an 18 UAQ.

OP
OP
J

Julio Perez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I found the link from another member on this forum. ClearlyStabile posted for uas up to 30.24. Other than not fixing the main thing I wanted fixed, so far it's worked well for me.

Sounds like a newer update did the trick for you, nice to know there's a light at the end of the tunnel here.

I can't seem to find a more up to date version for the UAS anywhere,

Any ideas?
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Uc6gYueoqOdCo93y3FgaMiZFSBmPKSE6?usp=sharing

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I found the link from another member on this forum. ClearlyStabile posted for uas up to 30.24. Other than not fixing the main thing I wanted fixed, so far it's worked well for me.

Sounds like a newer update did the trick for you, nice to know there's a light at the end of the tunnel here.

I can't seem to find a more up to date version for the UAS anywhere,

Any ideas?
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Uc6gYueoqOdCo93y3FgaMiZFSBmPKSE6?usp=sharing
Just got to looking at your screenshots, you were actually on firmware 22.6 prior to the flash you did. Can you post the same image again but with a new picture of that screen after the update?

Do you have a link to where the other member discussed this firmware?

OP
OP
J

Julio Perez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Attachments

• 20210810_121803.jpg
    20210810_121803.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
J

Julio Perez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm wondering if anyone has tried removing the map pack from the 34.2 uaq file and installing on the uas‽

or are they completely different operating systems?

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm wondering if anyone has tried removing the map pack from the 34.2 uaq file and installing on the uas‽

or are they completely different operating systems?
They typically will notify you prior to flashing that the firmware is incompatible. I don't believe the 34.2 update includes the map update for the UAQ, only the 30.24 update for the UAQ has map files (from what I have on hand).

OP
OP
J

Julio Perez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
update,
in my continued hopes of not being yelled at by the uconnext system so I've tried:
-leaving the battery disconnected all night (no change)
-uploading the uaq 34.2 file (firmware is incompatible)

I'm wondering what firmware is loaded on the current uas classic ram?

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
Good Morning,

Any ideas?
This is still a problem. My solution? As soon as UConnect is going to say something get ready to adjust the volume control downward, and fast. For example, if I'm going to say "Navigate to...<address>", I get ready and as soon as UConnect starts talking I turn the volume down to 2 or 3. Once you have it set and UConnect goes back to the audio source you were listening to, you can adjust the volume of your source material. Also, anytime UConnect is speaking you can adjust its volume. This is the only thing I've found that works.

If this really bugs you, you might want to think of a way to make UConnect talk as soon as you get in your truck and adjust the volume down to comfort level. It should stay at that volume level until you turn off the truck.

OP
OP
J

Julio Perez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In my truck it defaults back the moment uconnect switches back to its audio source. You could literally set the uconnect volume 20 times and it will revert back to 15 everytime. It even defaults after being corrected between a voice recognition for a phone call and the actual phone call. I'm on the verge of disconnecting the Bluetooth for phone calls and text messages but I really enjoy the feature while driving.

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
In my truck it defaults back the moment uconnect switches back to its audio source. You could literally set the uconnect volume 20 times and it will revert back to 15 everytime. It even defaults after being corrected between a voice recognition for a phone call and the actual phone call. I'm on the verge of disconnecting the Bluetooth for phone calls and text messages but I really enjoy the feature while driving.

That is how my 8.4 UConnect behaved in my 2018 Big Horn prior to getting the update in May 2019. After that update the trick of quickly turning volume down has worked for me.

I understand and feel your pain.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yeah, the
2018 radio originally didn't do this until I upgraded to v22.6. I stepped through v28, v30.24 and then finally on v34.2 it stopped the blaring notifications. If I'm not mistaken, the files we are using originally came from a Jeep Forum (so the firmware on your radio now is "for Jeeps"). It may be worth taking a look on those forums to see if they have the UAS versions available for download? I think @Mpgrimm2 said all of the new classics now ship with v34.2 but I could be mistaken...

Ryan Voelkl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Good Morning,

Any ideas?
I have 2021 1500 Big Horn that has the same problem. I took my Ram in twice to have the firmware updated so my eardrums don’t get blown out when I use the navigation. After the dealership had my Ram for a week the second time, I was told there’s nothing they can do about it, it was “designed that way.” The service person doesn’t buy that but he tried everything, including having the Tech contact Chrysler for a fix. No luck…Apparently it’s up to me to make some noise to get the system replaced.

OP
OP
J

Julio Perez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I haven't gone to the dealer because from everything I've learned they'll just waste your time til you push hard enough for a replacement and even then you'll be directed to the unconnect team They will assign you to a "CASE MANAGER" who will never be available but whose assistants promise that will call you back.. (of course they wont) When you finally reach the big boss you'll learn that the dealer and unconnect are going to play games and claim they are unable to reach one another... Trouble is when you finally get past all of that you'll learn these radios are backorder months out right now. I'm really trying to save myself all that frustration.

OP
OP
J

Julio Perez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
But if you got the patience for it more power to you!

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have 2021 1500 Big Horn that has the same problem. I took my Ram in twice to have the firmware updated so my eardrums don’t get blown out when I use the navigation. After the dealership had my Ram for a week the second time, I was told there’s nothing they can do about it, it was “designed that way.” The service person doesn’t buy that but he tried everything, including having the Tech contact Chrysler for a fix. No luck…Apparently it’s up to me to make some noise to get the system replaced.
Its not designed this way and is a bug. Take them out to their own lot and try it on another 2021. The proper function is memory of the user selected notification/navigation volumes that persist through vehicle power cycles. Maybe @RamCares can help.

Ryan Voelkl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have the same problem. The last time I took my 2021 Ram 1500 with 8.3 Uconnect, they couldn’t fix it. The dealer told me they called Star and was advised that’s how the stereo is made. I was given a case number with Star and told I could call them myself. Well, I just tried calling and was told I can’t speak with Star.

Urg!!!

Any luck getting yours fixed?

mikepol2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any update on this? Just bought a 2019 DT and having the same issue. Had to disconnect my iphone Bluetooth to save my eardrums.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only thing I have found on my '18 (JUST OTA updates, and I believe I am still on 21.11.11) is iOS. Android/Unconnect/Radio/Bluetooth all "stick" once set. (Phone notifications always default to 15 on START, but only my work iPhone/Wife's iPhone ALWAYS set to 15. My phone (android) "sticks" to what I set it to, until the radio reboots.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The only thing I have found on my '18 (JUST OTA updates, and I believe I am still on 21.11.11) is iOS. Android/Unconnect/Radio/Bluetooth all "stick" once set. (Phone notifications always default to 15 on START, but only my work iPhone/Wife's iPhone ALWAYS set to 15. My phone (android) "sticks" to what I set it to, until the radio reboots.
This does get fixed in later firmware.