Uconnect doesn't turn off nearly half the time.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PapaTango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Diesel
I have a 2021 Ram Laramie Ecodiesel with the 12" screen. I've been having problems with the center console screen not turning off after I shut down the engine and open the door. I'm aware that normal operation is for it to remain on until the door opens, but in my case, opening the door is not causing the console to shut off. I have to restart my truck and then turn it off again in order for it to shut off. I haven't been able to isolate it so that I can recreate it reliably but it does it nearly half the time. Between the weird software glitches, unfixed recalls (fuel pump), current active recalls (tailgate), I'm really regretting this truck and thinking about jumping ship back to Toyota.

GlennRH

Military
Reaction score
I can see why you are mad. This garbage is what is making me afraid to pull the trigger. There must be a thousand posts about the Rams stupid screen electronics that you have no option but to buy.. I mean I can see a glitch now and again when something new comes out but this is nuts already. I don't know if it's hardware or software or that they are trying to do too much with too many inputs.

From what I hear that makes it all even worse is you guys can't get in and have it looked at for weeks and when you do it's ******* for days on end. Worse yet is the dealers by me don't even have stinking loaners cars. Maybe if you're lucky they cart you to the rental joint. If.