Uconnect microphone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got a guy that put a backup camera in his 2012 ram 2500. He got the kit that replaced the existing mirror. He did not realize his mic for the uconnect was in the mirror. Is it possible to wire in a external mic into the harness that hooked to the uconnect mirror?

I have found a diagram that show what the wires for the mic are on a ram uconnect mirror. Is says the mic2 in(+) is light blue/dark green, mic1 dark green/light blue, mic feed dark green/yellow, microphone in (-) solid dark blue.

I haven't been able to check to see if those exact wire colors are there. Will this even work?

Thanks

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I added the uconnect module to my truck, it came with a microphone that attached to the A-pillar. The microphone plugged into a connector on the uconnect harness.

Ray

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have come across that microphone harness you mention. Not sure if it will plug into his radio but I would think it would.

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have come across that microphone harness you mention. Not sure if it will plug into his radio but I would think it would.

My mic didn't plug into the radio, it plugged into a connector on the harness that plugs into the U-connect module on the passenger side under the dash.

One end of that harness however, does plug into the radio. It may depend on which radio though. A couple of them have u-connect built in and not in a separate module.

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ah I got ya. Well I guess I will find out when he comes back. Not real sure when that'll be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morgansamuel