Uconnect Now Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pickle2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
When 3g Internet connectivity was discontinued, my Uconnect functionality decreased. They sent me a plug-in for the OBD port allowing a limited 4g connection. With this change, I lost the Send-n-Go function and some other apps. My questions are:
1) Will Ram-Uconnect fix this so I can get full functionality back?
2) Will Ram-Uconnect add Android Auto to my system so I can use that?

Thank you for your time on this matter.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
No on the second question for sure, your radio is not capable of android auto or car play

Wanted33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Well brother, with enough money you can get it done I'm sure. However, with all the electronics that would probably have to go along with the purchase of the radio the dollars will likely add up quickly. I doubt seriouly Ram/Stellantis would replace yours with a new one for free though. Good luck, I hope you find a solution.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
No on both. That dongle is all RAM is going to do for you.

RAM will not replace your radio at their cost.

Infotainment (who makes a lot of OEM electronics) does have some options if you feel it's worth the price to upgrade:

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
This is an issue across many manufacturers. I had a Hyundai Sonata and they were killing BlueLink because of 3G. Progress marches on...

There are MANY options out there, but I will tell you this, if you're open to putting in an aftermarket stereo system, I put an Atoto unit in my old work truck. It was $200-ish bucks. Backup camera, it used the steering wheel controls, was Android, so it used Google Maps. I ran the Torque App to monitor the engine. You could literally watch TV while you drove. Anything a phone would do, it would do it in the truck.

You can't get all that with a factory stereo system.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
This is an issue across many manufacturers. I had a Hyundai Sonata and they were killing BlueLink because of 3G. Progress marches on...

There are MANY options out there, but I will tell you this, if you're open to putting in an aftermarket stereo system, I put an Atoto unit in my old work truck. It was $200-ish bucks. Backup camera, it used the steering wheel controls, was Android, so it used Google Maps. I ran the Torque App to monitor the engine. You could literally watch TV while you drove. Anything a phone would do, it would do it in the truck.

You can't get all that with a factory stereo system.

I'll second what he said. If you have hotspot on your phone or a mifi, the Android based aftermarket units are great option. I also had the Atoto with the same functions. Plus it had a dash cam that recorded in a loop and was very good. If my 8.4 went out I'd consider one of the aftermarket android units.