uconnect over-the-air update 20 nov 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Efriday

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5,7 L Hemi
On 20 nov, I was surprised with a notice on my 12 inch screen that an update was available for the uconnect system. It offered the option to schedule for later, but I agreed to proceed immediately. I turned the truck off and exited before it finished, but all was well when I returned 10 minutes later. It finished after about 20 minutes. Another message directed me to press the Assist button for more details (overhead blue button with an emblem of a person wearing a headset). The "assist" operator had no clue that there had been an update, or what it may have been for.
So we will see if the Russians have downloaded malware to turn the Lane Keep Assist into Pedestrian Impact Assist.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On 20 nov, I was surprised with a notice on my 12 inch screen that an update was available for the uconnect system. It offered the option to schedule for later, but I agreed to proceed immediately. I turned the truck off and exited before it finished, but all was well when I returned 10 minutes later. It finished after about 20 minutes. Another message directed me to press the Assist button for more details (overhead blue button with an emblem of a person wearing a headset). The "assist" operator had no clue that there had been an update, or what it may have been for.
So we will see if the Russians have downloaded malware to turn the Lane Keep Assist into Pedestrian Impact Assist.

You're in Florida, so I'm assuming it was to check and see if there was any "extra" provisional ballots left in your truck by mistake.... Hahaha!!!!

DeusUrsus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got this notice yesterday while I was driving home from lunch. I let it update. Haven't noticed anything different so far!

Papi4baby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You're in Florida, so I'm assuming it was to check and see if there was any "extra" provisional ballots left in your truck by mistake.... Hahaha!!!!

Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got mine yesterday. HK system seems to have some more volume, noticed it immediately.

Denis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Nothing for my HK system yet. Uconnect website says it's up to date as well.

demetriew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got the update today here in texas but i haven't been in my truck in 2 days. Last week i took it to the service center to fix my hk system thanks to the service bulletin that came out. I noticed the difference immediately. That said i wonder what this update came with or changed? No info anywhere. Come on Ram!!! The assist ppl dont even have a clue.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
So I am still getting the run around from the dealer telling me my unit is at the latest version when I never even received the one from July. Can someone post a screen shot of the update they just recently received. As a reminder you can get to the dealer menu and software version on the 12 inch screen by pressing both the bottom left and right dock icons for about 10 seconds. I really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
which buttons?

At the very bottom of the screen with the customizable icons if you press and hold both of the outer ones it will bring up the dealer menu where you can navigate to the version numbers.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
Looking at a thread in another forum it looks like this isn’t a new update but rather is still being rolled out. Still curious what the numbers are if you just recently received an update.