Uconnect Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GK1968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got a 2023 Bighorn with Uconnect 5 - 8.4 and have tried everything but the phone button on steering wheel will not make a call, does not beep, nothing?
I have deleted and re - paired my phone twice.
I can make a call from my phone physically and talk through uconnect and also end the call with the end call button on the steering wheel.
The Uconnect is up to date as well.
Anyone run into this problem?
Thanks in advance!

smittyd174

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mine is the same, plus a host of other problems. Been to the dealer 4 times , wait for next update . What's kinda funny they gave me a loaner truck for the day and it worked perfectly . Go figure . I think I'm gonna have a chat with the service manager and go from there . I starting to get annoyed and it has cost me money . Tried to call my wife it decided to call China .

smittyd174

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
After wasting to much time on this , the phone button doesn't do squat . To make a call you have to have android auto connected and use the vr button to make a call . Wow did they ever screw up a system that used to work great . There is supposed to be a major update coming soon ,

OP
OP
G

GK1968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After wasting to much time on this , the phone button doesn't do squat . To make a call you have to have android auto connected and use the vr button to make a call . Wow did they ever screw up a system that used to work great . There is supposed to be a major update coming soon ,
They really did screw up a good system! cant believe they took away voice recognition unless you have navigation!

smittyd174

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What's really sad is when you talk to the dealers they don't even know how the system works . Almost as bad as Mercedes Benz a few years ago where you had to take a coarse that they provided to be able to operate the radio .
I thought this stuff was designed to prevent distracted driving , wow they missed the boat .