Uconnect RA2 blank screen overheating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mowryd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Greetings...
I have a 2014 1500 with the uconnect RA2 radio. The screen is blank but everything else about the radio works. The dealer told me it was overheating and therefore shut the screen off. I pulled the codes amd got a B142A-4B which confirmed the overheating diagnosis. How can I clear this?? I've tried every hard reset I could find and nothing helps. Clearing the codes didn't clear this specific one so no joy there either. I know the screen "can" work because it fires up for about 1 second when you first turn the ignition on, then goes blank.

Any ideas?? Yes I know I can replace it with a better radio, but this isn't a primary vehicle and not necessarily interested in spending a lot. Honestly I'd be happy just getting this working.
Thanks!

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Greetings...
I have a 2014 1500 with the uconnect RA2 radio. The screen is blank but everything else about the radio works. The dealer told me it was overheating and therefore shut the screen off. I pulled the codes amd got a B142A-4B which confirmed the overheating diagnosis. How can I clear this?? I've tried every hard reset I could find and nothing helps. Clearing the codes didn't clear this specific one so no joy there either. I know the screen "can" work because it fires up for about 1 second when you first turn the ignition on, then goes blank.

Any ideas?? Yes I know I can replace it with a better radio, but this isn't a primary vehicle and not necessarily interested in spending a lot. Honestly I'd be happy just getting this working.
Thanks!
You might have to connect to the radio itself to clear the codes. AlfaOBD can connect if you have it.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Greetings...

Thanks!
I’d give the radio mfg a call and see if they can offer a solution.

Also, used radios pop up in the forsale section occasionally on the forum.