uConnect (Sirius Guardian) remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So coming from Ford with either Ford Remote Access or Ford Pass after starting the vehicle via the app it showed the remaining run time. In addition you could extend the run time by pressing the start again on the app.

Does anyone know if it works the same with the uConnect app? As far as I can tell it doesn't even show a remaining run time.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
It does not show run time remaining. I also have about an 80% rate of it even working and it can take about 60-90 seconds for it to work. My experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Doxmia

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
By chance do you know if you press start again while it is running does it extend the run time?

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
On the app I am not certain but my guess would be no. If you press the button again on the key fob it will shut off the car.

25da9a0bc83ba804a127192e63e08262.jpg

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
I had the uconnect remote start on my 2014 Ram. Tried it a couple of times when I first got it. Seemed to take quite a while for the signal to actually reach the truck and start it. I don't see myself using this feature much, if at all, with the new truck. I have never used the Ford app to start my F150.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
I’ve been using this occasionally. It would be nice to know that it was actually running and know, like Ford, how much runtime is left. When I’ve used it to start, it just says received. But you don’t really do t know if it is actually running.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Bottom line, the app/system sucks. On my 2013 and now my 2016 both were at least a 70% failure rate for starting the truck or it took forever. I gave up on it. Sounds like the Ford has a far superior system.

firecadet613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bottom line, the app/system sucks. On my 2013 and now my 2016 both were at least a 70% failure rate for starting the truck or it took forever. I gave up on it. Sounds like the Ford has a far superior system.

The UConnect app is a joke compared to Ford. Takes forever for it to start/unlock. Ford was lightening quick and never failed me. To top it off, have you seen what they want for the service after the year-long free trial is up?

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't think I'v ever had a failure myself ( 2016 ). Keep in mind though, the 2018 system is completely different from the systems before it. It doesn't even go through the same customer service center. It's a better general system. but still lacking.

If you press start while running, it will not extend the time. I believe you get something like 15 minutes. You can warm, and cool off a car in that amount of time. I've used mine getting off a plane a few times, but I can't really see a valid reason to need to run it that long with no one in it at a distance that you wouldn't even have someone in it, like a dog or such.

OP
OP
Doxmia

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try living in Northern Alberta and warming up your truck in 15 minutes in the middle of February.

Flot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It does not show run time remaining. I also have about an 80% rate of it even working and it can take about 60-90 seconds for it to work. My experience.

Same experience here. I use remote start often and was disappointed that the range of the factory remote was no better (possibly a few feet worse) than my 2011. Starting with my phone has been a crapshoot.

The uconnect people called me and offered to sell me my next year of service at something like $250 for the year. Not even remotely worth it from what I've seen so far.

firecadet613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same experience here. I use remote start often and was disappointed that the range of the factory remote was no better (possibly a few feet worse) than my 2011. Starting with my phone has been a crapshoot.

The uconnect people called me and offered to sell me my next year of service at something like $250 for the year. Not even remotely worth it from what I've seen so far.
FWIW, on my 2016 F150 it was $50/yr. 2017 and newer it's free for the first 5 years....Ram needs to be competitive otherwise I'm not sure who'd pay that much for iffy service.

OP
OP
Doxmia

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As soon as an interface is made that works with ‘19 I’ll jump to Drone.

OP
OP
Doxmia

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
An update on uConnect: I personally have not had it fail a command but it does take 30+ seconds to respond and I do really wish I could see a remaining run time on the app.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
I have not been able to get any commands to work on it lately. I was on the phone with Sirius yesterday for an hour and spoke to 3 different people. In that time between them having me trying to send commands from my phone, the website and them trying it they were only able to get one command to work out of at least 15-20. They finally gave up and said I needed to take it to the dealer to run a diagnostic.

OP
OP
Doxmia

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have not been able to get any commands to work on it lately. I was on the phone with Sirius yesterday for an hour and spoke to 3 different people. In that time between them having me trying to send commands from my phone, the website and them trying it they were only able to get one command to work out of at least 15-20. They finally gave up and said I needed to take it to the dealer to run a diagnostic.

That sucks. I feel like Dodge really screwed the pooch on relying on a third party service for something like this. You're going to just get the back and forth between Dodge and Sirius.

firecadet613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That sucks. I feel like Dodge really screwed the pooch on relying on a third party service for something like this. You're going to just get the back and forth between Dodge and Sirius.
Mine is slow to respond but it hasn't failed yet.

werdna1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Unfortunately i am not a fan of Sirius Guardian or FCA for implementing it. Mine has failed on 2 occasions to unlock and lock the doors. What is more disappointing is when i purchased my new 18 Ram i was told that Sirius Guardian was the only thing new compared to my 15 Ram but i was not informed that if it wasnt equipped with remote start from the factory and installed at the dealer then the remote start would not be added to the software/app. Unfortunately the only answer i have received is "it can not be added after" but no explanation as to why from FCA. Definitely wont be keeping it after my 1 year trial is over if they cant have it work to its complete ability