UConnect Software Update Received--What's in it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you dont already have it you dont want it. Run the opposite direction.

Kevinfox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i guess i should be looking for an updated but not newest then lol

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
Posting here obviously isn't going to pressure them into fixing this problem. It was supposed to be fixed Q4 2018, and nothing has been done. "Sorry we broke your radio, maybe we will fix it...someday....maybe. In the meantime, go suck it!"

If you have a 2018/2019 impacted by this electronic syphilis like mine is, take to social media. If you don't have a Twitter account, create one, all you need is an email address. FCA/Uconnect posted "turn up the tunes" on Twitter- I replied. We ALL need to reply, to EVERY post that they make so people can see it.Do it now!!

https://twitter.com/Uconnect/with_replies

https://twitter.com/UconnectCares/with_replies

Last edited:
OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
Posting here obviously isn't going to pressure them into fixing this problem. It was supposed to be fixed Q4 2018, and nothing has been done. "Sorry we broke your radio, maybe we will fix it...someday....maybe. In the meantime, go suck it!"

If you have a 2018/2019 impacted by this electronic syphilis like mine is, take to social media. If you don't have a Twitter account, create one, all you need is an email address. FCA/Uconnect posted "turn up the tunes" on Twitter- I replied. We ALL need to reply, to EVERY post that they make so people can see it.Do it now!!

https://twitter.com/Uconnect/with_replies

https://twitter.com/UconnectCares/with_replies

Tweeted a reply to the Uconnect tweet urging us to "Turn up the Tunes!"

https://twitter.com/Uconnect/status/1098962136825585665?s=19

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have no dog in the fight, but they **** me off so this was my reply:

"Turn up the tunes" is what all of the 2018+ RAM truck OWNERS are saying. To @UConnect. After a horrid OTA update that makes the audio sound muffled and terrible. And @Uconnect @UconnectCares please dont lie and say a fix is coming like it has been for almost half a year"

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
Yeah I am posting it all over their Twitter accounts. I'm bored today and it's raining, so I'm a man on a mission. It's now on FCA, Ram, Uconnect twitter sites.

Now I'm posting it to their Facebook sites.

Last edited:

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I am posting it all over their Twitter accounts. I'm bored today and it's raining, so I'm a man on a mission. It's now on FCA, Ram, Uconnect twitter sites.

FYI there are 2 for UConnect - @Uconnect and @UconnectCares

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4

Now I'm posting it to their Facebook sites.

Yep, I hit them both, along with Ram, RamCares and FCA corporate site.

musicwatkins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6 cylinder
I just find all of this so strange. I recently had my truck in the shop for an unrelated issue. It was a Chrysler dealership, the tech asked me if their were any other issues that needed taking care of. Offhandedly I said yeah, my crappy sounding stereo caused by the update last September. Now mind you, I had the entire stereo unit replaced after the update at this same shop. This kid had no idea what I was talking about. He knew nothing of the update that affected so many people. I can't believe this isn't a bigger issue.

MO_CPA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Guys, I think we are at the point where you either have to accept the audio as-is or trade the truck. FCA doesn't give a damn, UConnect/UConnectCares doesn't give a damn. We are the only ones that care and nobody will listen. It's not worth the mental energy anymore.

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
I just find all of this so strange. I recently had my truck in the shop for an unrelated issue. It was a Chrysler dealership, the tech asked me if their were any other issues that needed taking care of. Offhandedly I said yeah, my crappy sounding stereo caused by the update last September. Now mind you, I had the entire stereo unit replaced after the update at this same shop. This kid had no idea what I was talking about. He knew nothing of the update that affected so many people. I can't believe this isn't a bigger issue.

That’s the problem, no exposure. Print out and take the star case in there. This is why I’m posting it all over their twitter and Facebook accounts.

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
Guys, I think we are at the point where you either have to accept the audio as-is or trade the truck. FCA doesn't give a damn, UConnect/UConnectCares doesn't give a damn. We are the only ones that care and nobody will listen. It's not worth the mental energy anymore.

Well if we pressure them on social media it might make a difference. If we just keep whining about it on this board, nothing will change. Guess we could always swap the head unit out with aftermarket, worst case.

MO_CPA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Well if we pressure them on social media it might make a difference. If we just keep whining about it on this board, nothing will change. Guess we could always swap the head unit out with aftermarket, worst case.

I've posted on their social media repeatedly. I've DM'd them tons of times. Wrote letters and emails to the BOD, higher ups, executives, etc. Pitched a fit at my dealership. All with no luck. (Each time I referenced the star case # and information).

Good luck to you...many have done what you have so far with no results.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

One of their social media accounts has a post asking for pictures of your UConnect in action.

Take it out of your dash, toss it in the garbage and post a pic :)

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
One of their social media accounts has a post asking for pictures of your UConnect in action.

Take it out of your dash, toss it in the garbage and post a pic :)

I don’t see any new alerts for a reply. I can hang it from a tree and shoot at it with ar15. That would be fun, and fun to watch!

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
I'm leasing my 2018 Big Horn. I looked into turning it in and getting a 2019, but if it has the same update version on the stereo, what's the point? I could never go back to Ford, and Chevy? Forget it.

Just going to keep hammering on social media, make my (now) twice monthly calls to Ram Customer Care and hope they fix the problem. I just won't listen to music, I guess.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk