UConnect Software Update Received--What's in it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
Well so far called RAM, Uconnect, and Sirius XM. No help at all. Just 1 hour wasted that I'll never get back. Nobody knows who or how to get ahold of the group responsible for the OTA updates.

So frustrating.

Help....?

Go here and send them an email.
https://www.driveuconnect.com/contact-us.html

By doing so you've alerted them to the problem on your time schedule, they have something in their inbox they have to deal with, and you will have a written record as a response.

I just got a response from an email I sent them last Friday. Basically they cannot roll back to a previous version. I suggested they push out another update reversing whatever they did to mess with the bass and treble response of the stereo.

I'm also communicating to UConnectCares by direct messages on Twitter.

So, I've phoned them, emailed them, went to the dealer, direct messaged ramcares on this forum, and I'm DMing them on Twitter. I would urge everyone to do the same. They've got to hear from us on this. The update ruined my stereo.

Last edited:

U1arunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Go here and send them an email. By doing so you've alerted them to the problem on your time schedule, they have something in their inbox they have to deal with, and you will have a written record as a response.

I just got a response from an email I sent them last Friday. Basically they cannot roll back to a previous version. I suggested the push out another update reversing whatever they did to mess with the bass and treble response of the stereo.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Cstan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just got the notice to update and set it for this afternoon. I hope i get back in time top push it off. I have a 2018 Laramie 8.4 with NAV. Have had no problems and love the sound the Alpine with sub. Wish it could go louder, lol.
Yeah, definitely push it off....my stereo has been on mute since the update. It makes me cringe knowing it isn't supposed to sound like mucho ****

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
Yeah, definitely push it off....my stereo has been on mute since the update. It makes me cringe knowing it isn't supposed to sound like mucho ****

This is truly sad. I'm in the same situation. Just don't even want to listen to music in my truck anymore.

I had almost 1,000 songs on a USB stick that I meticulously had ripped from CD's, converted to mp3's, set output levels, tagged with album information, added album art, etc. that I listened to. Now I don't even bother. What's the point? It's pretty bad when my phone with earbuds will play better sounding music than my new truck with replacement speakers and a subwoofer. The really insidious thing? In a couple of weeks I will have lost most memories of exactly how good the stereo sounded. I'll have to accept the lousy crap that UConnect engineers sent via this update so songs over bluetooth will be "improved".

Sportsman11669

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hold temp up + temp down + front defrost buttons for 10 secs to get into dealer mode. Then you can check the "application version" to see what you have.

M² Mods.

Currently showing Application Version "18.11.0"

Local Shop has tested my radio and listed it as fully functional, however I am unable to register it with AT&T. Not sure what the issue is.

Cstan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is truly sad. I'm in the same situation. Just don't even want to listen to music in my truck anymore.

I had almost 1,000 songs on a USB stick that I meticulously had ripped from CD's, converted to mp3's, set output levels, tagged with album information, added album art, etc. that I listened to. Now I don't even bother. What's the point? It's pretty bad when my phone with earbuds will play better sounding music than my new truck with replacement speakers and a subwoofer. The really insidious thing? In a couple of weeks I will have lost most memories of exactly how good the stereo sounded. I'll have to accept the lousy crap that UConnect engineers sent via this update so songs over bluetooth will be "improved".
We pay too much hard earned money for these trucks to have to just lay down and accept crap though...this sucks.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd suggest taking the time to call UConnect and FCA every day until they push down a fix for this. I'm lucky since mine is a 2015 and they haven't broken it with any new updates yet. The saying "squeaky wheel gets the grease" is especially true in IT. The outsourced engineers that UConnect uses won't do anything until they get pressure from above.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just tweeted a link to this thread to @UConnect and @UConnectCares. Let's see if they respond.

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
I'd suggest taking the time to call UConnect and FCA every day until they push down a fix for this. I'm lucky since mine is a 2015 and they haven't broken it with any new updates yet. The saying "squeaky wheel gets the grease" is especially true in IT. The outsourced engineers that UConnect uses won't do anything until they get pressure from above.

Agree with this. Keep up the pressure.

It only affects the 2018 models.
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0811318.pdf

I just looked at the Charger forums and the Challenger forums. Apparently no one in those forums has experienced this yet. (Or we're just smarter than they are...)

Cstan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking back at that jeep forum I found, it is actually a former jeep now Ram owner who was posting about the terrible audio after the update. Maybe it is just us '18' Ram folks who got shafted.

Zabbu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just spoke with a Uconnect Case manager who called me back. She said Uconnect is AWARE of the problem and is working hard to get a fix in place as soon as possible. She said they are receiving many many calls and it does appear to be restricted to the 2018 year of ram trucks. She said she will call me every 48 hours to give me an update or sooner if they have a fix ready. I'll keep the forums updated as this trails along. YAY! Good job everyone. ~cross thread posted.

Zabbu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just spoke with a Uconnect Case manager who called me back. She said Uconnect is AWARE of the problem and is working hard to get a fix in place as soon as possible. She said they are receiving many many calls and it does appear to be restricted to the 2018 year of ram trucks. She said she will call me every 48 hours to give me an update or sooner if they have a fix ready. I'll keep the forums updated as this trails along. YAY! Good job everyone. ~cross thread posted.

U1arunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks that's awesome!

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6

Excellent work. Can't wait to hear more.

Cstan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's great news but I wonder how hard it would be to send out a retro update to the previous version since this one turned out to be a ****? Haha

BOB RAM 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 4X4 CREW
Engine
HEMI 6.4 with 456
WOW ... As of yesterday, I have not had an update that I know of. I did go to the dealer about a month ago for the recall. Since then, my stereo connects to Pandora (I use this on my boat) when I start my truck. Everytime. PITA . Also, I used to be able to read text messages on the screen and reply. Not any more. PITA ... When the phone rings, it seems like a maze to answer the phone. Cant use the phone on the steering wheel. Then when i want to use the phone from the steering wheel, i sometimes get an audio warning message about pushing something when the vehicle is not moving or something crazy like that PITA ... But my radio sounds fine and my directions work fine ... So now, I am going to look and see what version I am running and see if that helps .... Hope this post is allowed.

audiomikej

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
WOW ... As of yesterday, I have not had an update that I know of. I did go to the dealer about a month ago for the recall. Since then, my stereo connects to Pandora (I use this on my boat) when I start my truck. Everytime. PITA . Also, I used to be able to read text messages on the screen and reply. Not any more. PITA ... When the phone rings, it seems like a maze to answer the phone. Cant use the phone on the steering wheel. Then when i want to use the phone from the steering wheel, i sometimes get an audio warning message about pushing something when the vehicle is not moving or something crazy like that PITA ... But my radio sounds fine and my directions work fine ... So now, I am going to look and see what version I am running and see if that helps .... Hope this post is allowed.
I believe your truck does not have OTA updates. The TSB said trucks built after 1-18 have OTA capability. You will have to go the the dealer to get your bluetooth fixed. but keep in mind your radio may start to sound like **** until they release a fix for our (2018 RAM's built after 1-18) sound quality issue.

BOB RAM 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 4X4 CREW
Engine
HEMI 6.4 with 456
Thanks. I bought my truck 9/30/2017 ... Love the truck but dislike the radio and all the trouble I seem to be having ... Really disappointed I couldn't add the Cargo Camera .... But that's a whole different problem ... I am going to check to see what I have running and will go from there. Thanks for the advice.

2001ws6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
So glad I saw this thread before I did the update. I'll just ignore it till the fix is out.

Another example why I love this forum. Great Info!!!!!