UConnect Software Update Received--What's in it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thechaz05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I literally just had my truck at my dealer for inspection and oil change and I asked about a sw update because I have other problems they refuse to fix until a new sw is available and they said there was not one yet. Now I am pissed off again.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi, All how do I get the Uconnect for my phone do I have to call someone, Thanks

14MDRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you so much guys for getting the file and uploading it. It took forever but finally my radio sounds decent again!

MO_CPA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Ya'll getting OTA update notifications...and I've yet to have one since September 2018. I even check the Uconnect website...and nothing is available.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im almost positive the DriveUconnect website does not show any UAx related stuff, regardless of if there is an update available.

Im not quite sure WHERE they store those files. The DriveUconnect site seems to only have RAx files.

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Ya'll getting OTA update notifications...and I've yet to have one since September 2018. I even check the Uconnect website...and nothing is available.

There has been no OTA notifications for the latest update to 2018 / 2019 8.4 radios.

cwendel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yeah well, my 2013 forced me to update the radio while driving home.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah well, my 2013 forced me to update the radio while driving home.

Did the update process work OK?

If so, what version are you on now?

cwendel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
It worked but i lost all use while driving. Not sure of the version but i will check later when i get home. I didnt notice anything better and it probably made things worse.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Please let us know the version you received.

Trying to track what is going out in the wild, last I checked there were 2 or 3 different versions coming over OTA, and some people that got one of them are now getting a screen saying there is another update on the way.

Basically, SNAFU from UConnect.

jimsummers74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
go to "settings" on your EVIC screen. then scroll down to "system". That'll tell you what Uconnect version you have.

viclava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry, but how does one update or know if your UConnect has been updated? I have the 2014 Sport with 8.4 UConnect, but have no idea if it has been updated. I have owned my truck for less than a year

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
Sorry, but how does one update or know if your UConnect has been updated? I have the 2014 Sport with 8.4 UConnect, but have no idea if it has been updated. I have owned my truck for less than a year

Have your VIN# handy and go here and enter it:
https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html

Then do the trick where you push and hold a couple of HVAC controls to access the service menu on your radio and discover what UConnect software version your truck is running. Compare the software version you got at the website with the one your radio is telling you is running and decide if you need (or want) to take action.

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So i've been getting the pending OTA update message for a week now, still no OTA. Just for giggles I checked the Uconnect with VIN and it says I'm all up to date with no pending updates, doesn't even display current version like it did a couple weeks ago. Go figure lol

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L

cwendel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Mine updated to 18.14

sawz

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does it fix the stupid Volume glitch where the nav and speed warning volume levels reset every time you shut the truck off?

I updated my UAS to the 22.6 firmware have this booming nav and speed warning volume levels, same with Android Auto. It doesn't seem to remember my setting after I shut off the truck. Has anyone found a solution to this?

Gibbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I updated my UAS to the 22.6 firmware have this booming nav and speed warning volume levels, same with Android Auto. It doesn't seem to remember my setting after I shut off the truck. Has anyone found a solution to this?

I also have a UAS, and upgraded to 22.6. Mine screams at me when i push the voice recognition button or phone button on the steering wheel...And android auto or text message alerts. It doesn't remember the volume on mine either. I would almost rather go back to the crappy audio and have it not scream at me all the time. Very frustrating...
If anybody finds a solution I'd love to hear it!

Edit to clarify that my volume resets to level 15 every single time i use the voice recognition, etc... even using it back to back the volume is loud every single time...

Last edited: