Uconnect update failed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rsuarez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
I have a 2017 ram 3500 had the vp2 radio. I was able to get a used vp4 and got it working. Came from a 2014 Jeep Cherokee. I've had no problems for about 2 years. One day it showed that an update was need. I did manage to get an update but it fails on the first module. Now all I get is insert update USB.

Now when I installed it the only changes that I made was the volume control on the steering wheel and add the rear backup camera. That's really all I wanted so I didn't continue with the other mods. Is there a way to bypass the update or perhaps trick to unit into thinking the voice module and everything else is installed?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
rear backup camera needs to be Flashed, so that the computer can sense the change

a lot of Chrysler products owners that used to go to the dealership to add things like backup cameras, power folding mirrors, etc.. are now buying a device called Alfa obd tool & doing the programming themselves.

They make the tool for both Iphones & Android

&

Last edited: