Uconnect Update has my infomedia center not working anymore! Please Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eddie046

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's not the UConnect service stopping but it's the Sprint 3G CDMA phone signal going by the wayside.
This is why Ram has been offering a 4G dongle that plugs into the OBD port if you still want the UConnect service.
I have not gotten anything from Uconnect yet but I got a basically identical Email from Onstar on my 2012 Cadillac using the same OBDII solution and you lose the use of your mirror pushbuttons and the send to vehicle navigation. Not sure about the Uconnect on that one.

BobCinEHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.4
When you called Uconnect, did you do it through your truck? They were very helpful when I did my update. I just pressed the help button and I heard a voice through my radio. Freaked me out at first, but had all the answers I needed.

shellj22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
U connect is just plain garbage. Even the 2021's 5 gen with 12"screen are having problems. When mine went on the 2015 last year I called stealership and was told I would have get a replacement. Cost installed was $1800.00!! THATS FOR A CRAPPY 5" ONE!! Do yourself a favor and go with an aftermarket double din for half the price. You will have WAY more options. I went the whole way and replaced all my speakers, added amps and subs blah blah. Point being uconnect is absolute trash love my kenwood excelon with apple car play and android auto. Plays video as well off my phone. Was half the price. ALSO IF YOU WANT DECK TO CONTROL FEATURES LIKE SEATS AC AND WHATNOT ITS A $200 UPGRADE ON YOUR NEW DECK BUT AGAIN MORE FEATURES LIKE FUEL CURVES, HP TORQUE AND PRETTY MUCH ANY INFO IS CUSTOMIZABLE ALONG WITH AS MANY TOUCHSCREEN BUTTONS YOU WANT!! (LIGHTBARS, BED BARS, WINCH ANYTHING THAT REQUIRES POWER) No brainer ditch the uconnect and get yourself a solid aftermarket deck

shellj22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So what company sells a dependable radio to replace 2018 junk radio I have ? Mine is delaminating and I have ghost touch problems

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So what company sells a dependable radio to replace 2018 junk radio I have ? Mine is delaminating and I have ghost touch problems
You can find replacements from salvage yards, but the prices are pretty high right now and the salvage radio may have the same delamination issue. You may want to go with an aftermarket solution.

shellj22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
An aftermarket solution is what I am looking for, what brand do u recommend?

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
An aftermarket solution is what I am looking for, what brand do u recommend?
Unfortunately I don't have one to recommend. You should know though you can offset the cost of your next radio by selling your old one. It still has value as is for spare parts.

Az Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I started researching this issue as it may be needed in the near future.

Az Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've seen a couple of Kenwood and Alpine systems that seem interesting .if you want to keep navigation. Check out the link I posted above

ARKLima

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2014 RAM 1500 with an 8.4” h/u that is stuck in the “boot loop” at unit 11. I’m okay with going aftermarket but does that mean the heated seats, steering wheel, and climate controls are gone? Also, where can I find the proper wiring harness to add an after market double din h/u and keep the amp and steering wheel controls? Thanks for all the help!

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a 2014 RAM 1500 with an 8.4” h/u that is stuck in the “boot loop” at unit 11. I’m okay with going aftermarket but does that mean the heated seats, steering wheel, and climate controls are gone? Also, where can I find the proper wiring harness to add an after market double din h/u and keep the amp and steering wheel controls? Thanks for all the help!
If you are stuck at Sierra Wireless Aircard in the update process it is a common problem. I have once been able to recover through that portion of the update, but it required letting it sit overnight hooked up to a trickle charger and let the boot loop go for at least 24 hours (it may have been 48, I don't remember).