UCONNECT UPDATE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yeah, it came without the UAQ software, said factory use only. Took 21.9 and then died. Luckily I got a refund. But a nail in the tire for good measure just now.
I'm glad you're getting your money back. I'd be interested to know what you finally end up with.

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I'm glad you're getting your money back. I'd be interested to know what you finally end up with.
The alpine ilx-407 is finally back at crutchfield, but the datalink kit isn’t. Might still be one on Amazon. There is also a UAS down the hill from me at a salvage, but now I’m gun shy.

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I just bought the 2019 UAS down the hill. I'm driving back to Oklahoma next week for Christmas and don't have the time to wait on the iDatalink kit or the other UAS I have to be repaired. This one will stay as it is, no updates!

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I just bought the 2019 UAS down the hill. I'm driving back to Oklahoma next week for Christmas and don't have the time to wait on the iDatalink kit or the other UAS I have to be repaired. This one will stay as it is, no updates!
Well, you could always try updating it in someone else's truck I suppose? Did you already change the USB hub if needed for your install?

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Well, you could always try updating it in someone else's truck I suppose? Did you already change the USB hub if needed for your install?
Yeah, I have the Compass hub and harness adapter, works fine with CarPlay. Does seem like the issue lies with the truck itself, but it also took a clean install fine, the issue is always with the update.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yeah, I have the Compass hub and harness adapter, works fine with CarPlay. Does seem like the issue lies with the truck itself, but it also took a clean install fine, the issue is always with the update.
I was wondering if "maybe" it's a driver issue? I have the stock Ram hub from a 2019 in my truck. I'd try it for you if you wanted to try and unbrick it? I wouldn't hold my breath though...

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I was wondering if "maybe" it's a driver issue? I have the stock Ram hub from a 2019 in my truck. I'd try it for you if you wanted to try and unbrick it? I wouldn't hold my breath though...
Might be worth a shot after the holidays and I get another digitizer put on it.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
The alpine ilx-407 is finally back at crutchfield, but the datalink kit isn’t. Might still be one on Amazon. There is also a UAS down the hill from me at a salvage, but now I’m gun shy.
Also consider the PAC RadioPro Bezel kit vs idatalink setup.

Wookiee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you sure about that? My truck doesn't have a cellular antenna. Still I was offered UConnect where I would be able to remotely control the vehicle - remote start, lock/unlock doors and stuff like that. Since I don't have a cellular antennae, just the satellite antenna, I assumed the UConnnect connection must come through the satellite link.

I don't know why my truck would even have a satellite antenna if it wasn't for the UConnect link
The Satellite antenna would be for the Satellite radio.... Just a guess..