UCONNECT UPDATE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mega cab 2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
U connect attempted an update on My 2018 ram with 20,000 miles. During the update it locked upmy screen with an error code 20.. Any ideas? I’m pretty frustrated since I just paid the dealer out ofpocket a few months ago to fix my wife’sCherokee’s head unit after a unconnect update.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
U connect attempted an update on My 2018 ram with 20,000 miles. During the update it locked upmy screen with an error code 20.. Any ideas? I’m pretty frustrated since I just paid the dealer out ofpocket a few months ago to fix my wife’sCherokee’s head unit after a unconnect update.
In my experience that code is not able to be recovered from yet. I recommend sending a PM to @RamCares to see if they can assist.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Mega cab 2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Mega cab 2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In my experience that code is not able to be recovered from yet. I recommend sending a PM to @RamCares to see if they can assist.

Thanks I pmed @RamCares. Here’s the response I got from connect.Thank you for contacting Uconnect Customer Care.
Error 20 is a common issue. please contact your local dealership and get it diagnosis. pretty frustrating since it was their update which created this issue. It’s really a pain to unhook the battery ever time I park to avoid draining the battery.

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
Hopefully they have stopped pushing this update out since it is so unstable? Went through this with an update last year when it muffled the audio terribly on my 2018. It took several months to get that fixed.

What systems are getting this update?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I just looked for a way to contact the Ram Engineers that write these updates that are sent to the satellites & then down to our vehicles radios

Of course i could not find anything, but i found where issues with vehicles are posted

https://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com/newsroom.do?id=49&mid=431

If you see something that you want to check out, just click on the subject, there are 8 pages

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I just looked for a way to contact the Ram Engineers that write these updates that are sent to the satellites & then down to our vehicles radios

Of course i could not find anything, but i found where issues with vehicles are posted

https://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com/newsroom.do?id=49&mid=431

If you see something that you want to check out, just click on the subject, there are 8 pages
One of the TSBs (medal, radio, electrical maybe... Can't recall) listed on carcomplaints.com for 2019 Ram 1500 DT actually listed some of the engineering group contacts.

M² Mods.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hopefully they have stopped pushing this update out since it is so unstable? Went through this with an update last year when it muffled the audio terribly on my 2018. It took several months to get that fixed.

What systems are getting this update?
8.4" UConnect radios. I'm sure the 12" screens get OTAs too but don't know that for a fact.

I don't believe they've stopped pushing OTAs, they just haven't released a new update in a while.

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
anyone know the over the air update application number? My 2020 classic uas came with 34.2 from the factory with no issues I have been running I think 32.4 for months without issue.i used it because I had no front left speaker channel when I got it.turned out it was bent pin somewhere.is it the actual application or a problem with them doing it over the air

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hi there--

If anyone is experiencing concerns with their Uconnect systems, please feel free to send our @RamCares team a private message with more details about your experience so that we can look into it further. Additionally, please know that you may always visit https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html to ensure that your Uconnect software is up to date.

Thanks a ton!

Courtney
Ram Cares

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
anyone know the over the air update application number? My 2020 classic uas came with 34.2 from the factory with no issues I have been running I think 32.4 for months without issue.i used it because I had no front left speaker channel when I got it.turned out it was bent pin somewhere.is it the actual application or a problem with them doing it over the air
V22.61

acnbmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Hi Uconnect, I am new to this forum. I see a lots of post for the uconnect error code 20. I brought my truck to the dealer 7 weeks ago for this problem and they are still waiting for a new radio for me. Don’t think it’s normal that I have to wait that long and I am wondering what is the normal delay. Not having a radio is one thing but I really miss my heater and backup camera! Thanks!!!

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hi Uconnect, I am new to this forum. I see a lots of post for the uconnect error code 20. I brought my truck to the dealer 7 weeks ago for this problem and they are still waiting for a new radio for me. Don’t think it’s normal that I have to wait that long and I am wondering what is the normal delay. Not having a radio is one thing but I really miss my heater and backup camera! Thanks!!!
The account you're trying to get in touch with is @RamCares . They may be able to assist. However, electronics in general are short globally and this particular radio is in high demand due to factory defects. The wait is normal from what I've seen and can sometimes be followed by further delays then what was originally promised (from what I've heard).

acnbmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
The account you're trying to get in touch with is @RamCares . They may be able to assist. However, electronics in general are short globally and this particular radio is in high demand due to factory defects. The wait is normal from what I've seen and can sometimes be followed by further delays then what was originally promised (from what I've heard).
Thanks for replying…

Mr.coon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi V8
On the last OTA update my maps changed for the worse on my nav system (roads are gone or don't connect anymore) , I got random blue screens when turning the truck on, Android Auto stopped working, and a 0.5 to 1 second sound delay developed when using Bluetooth. None of this was there before. I put in a complaint about the nav system, and an hour later I got an offer for $50 off a map update. I am hoping I get at least an email from a human at Uconnect. I don't want the updated maps if it doesn't correct the problems. I also sent a message to RamCares on here. Hopefully, they will get back to me. I am not going to a dealer to get charged and them do nothing. I have been down that road too many times. I have sent map errors to Garmin and Google before and they corrected them. Fingers crossed Uconnect does the same. Some of these map errors are dangerous. I wish they would put more effort into their roads and routes, especially for rural areas.

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I just did the UAS conversion on my truck and was updating the software to 22.6 via a flashdrive when I got a UConnect Error Code 20. Occasionally I can get back to the update screen and it always errors about 5 minutes in. I redownloaded and reformatted and still get the same error. Has anyone found a fix yet? I hate to think I just bricked a new radio.

augiedoggy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I assume the update was interrupted midstream which bricked the radio in many cases. (not all). once the owner hits the button to agree to initiate it the liability to follow the directions is on them unless im missing something? this is likely why they are so unwilling to help for free.

augiedoggy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I just did the UAS conversion on my truck and was updating the software to 22.6 via a flashdrive when I got a UConnect Error Code 20. Occasionally I can get back to the update screen and it always errors about 5 minutes in. I redownloaded and reformatted and still get the same error. Has anyone found a fix yet? I hate to think I just bricked a new radio.
When you aquired the update file did you use the vin# of the truck the radio came from or another? the radios vary by month in some cases as well as model as they changed hardware like gps chipsets and such and that wouldcause some firmware versions to not work on an otherwise same model # radio.