UConnect Upgrade Question - other posts are too long!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

670hoth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2017 1500 with Uconnect 5.0, SiriusXM, and manual HVAC controls. I just bought an 8.4 VP4 CA 68224537AG Serial # T00BE02476169 with NAV and with the dual zone auto climate controls bezel from a 2015 Sport. What do I need to make this work? I do have access to the donor truck for anything I may need. Also, is it possible to just upgrade the truck to single zone auto climate control and somehow use the dual zone controls? I have zero time and interest in converting the truck to dual climate control. I really don't care if some of the climate control buttons such as the second set of temp up/down buttons do not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I DO have AlfaOBD. The computer version to be specific. Thanks

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a 2017 1500 with Uconnect 5.0, SiriusXM, and manual HVAC controls. I just bought an 8.4 VP4 CA 68224537AG Serial # T00BE02476169 with NAV and with the dual zone auto climate controls bezel from a 2015 Sport. What do I need to make this work? I do have access to the donor truck for anything I may need. Also, is it possible to just upgrade the truck to single zone auto climate control and somehow use the dual zone controls? I have zero time and interest in converting the truck to dual climate control. I really don't care if some of the climate control buttons such as the second set of temp up/down buttons do not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I DO have AlfaOBD. The computer version to be specific. Thanks
@Mpgrimm2 can tell you exactly what you need and sell you the custom harness for your application. He can also tell you what to pull from the donor truck.