UConnect / Vehicle Health Report / OBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I bought my new 2018 power wagon in march of 2019, I signed up for uconnect guardian, also have a mopar.com account. In neither the online app, nor the mopar.com website can I retrieve me vehicle health report. I have spent literally hours on the phone with mopar and guardian with no solution. I signed up the day I bought in March, first they told me it would take 30 days. After that they said my profile wasn't complete. Now they just don't know why I can't get the VHR. A common troubleshooting question from all the tech I talked to was: Is there anything plugged into your obd port ? My answer has always been "NO" because I didn't put anything in there. So yesterday, I was on the phone with tech support again and they asked, so I looked. Traditionally, when you look under the dash for the obd, you see a 12 or 16 pin connector where you easily plug in a scanner or whatever. Mine appear to have some sort of ribbon cable coming out of it running up into the dash. There is also a plastic strap band holding it in place. I tried to wiggle it off, but can't unless I cut the plastic strap. My question is, is this a normal configuration for the obd, or should it be the traditional pin connector ? What could this possible be ? Must have come from the dealer like this, as I haven't had it in any shop, and I'm the only driver.

OP
OP
Charlie W

Charlie W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
additional info, all of the other features of the app and the mopar.com website work, such as remote start, remote lights/honk, etc. It is just the VHR that isn't being generated.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I bought my new 2018 power wagon in march of 2019, I signed up for uconnect guardian, also have a mopar.com account. In neither the online app, nor the mopar.com website can I retrieve me vehicle health report. I have spent literally hours on the phone with mopar and guardian with no solution. I signed up the day I bought in March, first they told me it would take 30 days. After that they said my profile wasn't complete. Now they just don't know why I can't get the VHR. A common troubleshooting question from all the tech I talked to was: Is there anything plugged into your obd port ? My answer has always been "NO" because I didn't put anything in there. So yesterday, I was on the phone with tech support again and they asked, so I looked. Traditionally, when you look under the dash for the obd, you see a 12 or 16 pin connector where you easily plug in a scanner or whatever. Mine appear to have some sort of ribbon cable coming out of it running up into the dash. There is also a plastic strap band holding it in place. I tried to wiggle it off, but can't unless I cut the plastic strap. My question is, is this a normal configuration for the obd, or should it be the traditional pin connector ? What could this possible be ? Must have come from the dealer like this, as I haven't had it in any shop, and I'm the only driver.
We’re gonna need a pic of it, otherwise you’re gonna get pages of pure speculation.

OP
OP
Charlie W

Charlie W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Here is an upload of what's connected to my OBD port. It has a connector with a flat ribbon cable, strapped on with a tie strap, this runs to the left side of the under-dash, near the parking brake. It appears to be some sort of GPS tracking device from CalAmp, the Part #: starts with LMU30H30.

anybody know what this is ? It came new from the dealer with it installed. They apparently wanted it to stay in there, because it's tie strapped on both sides.

calamp.jpg

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It’s a fleet telematics module. Unless it’s a company vehicle and your company requires it, or you’re getting a discount from your insurance company for having it, just get rid of it. It’s completely useless to you.

OP
OP
Charlie W

Charlie W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I will attempt to disconnect it. My concern was that I purchased this vehicle brand new from a Ram dealership with 80 miles on it. Why would the dealership install this thing ? I have read about dealerships installing these items so they can remotely disable the vehicle in case you miss payments. This vehicle also came with LoJak, could this be something used by LoJak ? I don't want to disable anything that could break something else. Thanks for all comments.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
tracking devise looks like to me that's a fast way they put it in off the obd port in the truck the question is who the loan dept for rep o purposes you can buy them online and plug them into a car or a truck bring truck to dealer and demand to know what this is doing on your truck

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you unplug it from the port your truck will still start and run just the person who put it there will not be able to track and kill switch your truck cut the two zip ties and unplug the thing and bring to dealer and tell them your lawyer wants to know why this is on your truck

OP
OP
Charlie W

Charlie W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
after speaking with the dealer this morning, they stated that this was the device used for Lojack Suredrive, which I purchased with the vehicle. They said if I unplug it, Lojack will no longer work. The dealer said he had never heard of it interfering with the mopar.com vehicle health report and that he would do some checking on that. So am I at a catch 22 moment, unplug it and break my lojack, or leave it plugged in and not have a vehicle health report ? Would rather have the VHR. I also contacted Lojack to confirm that this device was theirs, but the tech agent wasn't techy at all, she said she would ask her supervisor and call me back, ha !

noodles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Same issue with Banks Pedal Monster. It connects to the OBD and disables updates to Uconnect App.

noodles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well, update, Uconnect won't work with the pedal monster connected to the OBD. Took it off and Uconnect app was able to update info. Sending it back to Banks.