Uconnect won’t play media

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dylankeller94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys, I have a 2014 1500. When I connect my phone to Bluetooth I am able to use it to make and receive phone calls but when I go to media it just says connect device. My phone says it’s connected and all is well but the screen says there’s no device in media. The same thing happens when I plug in the USB, it constantly says connect device. I have tried multiple times to delete my phone from the Bluetooth list but still nothing. I tried to connect my wife’s phone and same thing. Anyone have this issue before ? I have an iPhone if that helps at all lol

OP
OP
Dylankeller94

Dylankeller94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone who is having the same issue I had to hard restart my Uconnect by holding all 4 hot and cold arrows for 5 seconds then selecting factory reset from the menu that pops up, it fixed my issue!

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That's good info.

I've seen some other threads here describing the same problem, but I don't remember reading about a solution.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I saw a video on Maestro products
they have everything for your Media

mb33458

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 etorque
I dont have an Iphone. I use an Android phone with the Android auto app and all of my phone functions work with uconnect. Are you using Apple car play with your phone, it might help to make the interface better?