uconnect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
The Uconnect in my 2022 Ram Limited works great about 70 per cent of the time. One in a while it decides not to come on at all, and sometimes it goes to whatever screen it wants too. From what I understand get used to it! I just can't understand why they don't hire someone from APPLE to fix it. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.....

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
You using Android app? You can also access it via RAM Owners App. I use this app also to log my services. This is what it looks like when you search for it in the Googleplay app store under "RAM".

Screenshot_20221003-195529_Google Play Store.jpg

Maybe that one will work for you if the other isn't.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
The Uconnect in my 2022 Ram Limited works great about 70 per cent of the time. One in a while it decides not to come on at all, and sometimes it goes to whatever screen it wants too. From what I understand get used to it! I just can't understand why they don't hire someone from APPLE to fix it. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.....

We'd be happy to learn more details about your concerns, Leory. Feel free to send us a PM with any additional info and we can research further into it for you.

Steph
Ram Cares

SBFL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I purchased my 2022 Ram 3500 in Sept 2021. It has had the Ram UConnect radio station preset issue since purchase. It has been to the dealer 4 times with zero positive results but my frustration level has increased! That's a positive - right? All I hear from Ram is "The engineers are working on it and the next software update will correct the issue." Seems to me they need new engineers. I just got off the phone with Ram Cares (talk about an oxymoron!) and they literally said "A software update is coming the first quarter of 2023 that should fix it. Nothing else we can do." Everyone needs to report this issue and start wearing out Ram Cares and dealerships. I'm starting my 16th month of dealing with this serious lack of a sense of urgency to address this issue. Might be time to get rid of this thing and go GM product. All because of a radio...or is it lack of customer service? If they can't fix a radio, what if it's something really serious?

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I purchased my 2022 Ram 3500 in Sept 2021. It has had the Ram UConnect radio station preset issue since purchase. It has been to the dealer 4 times with zero positive results but my frustration level has increased! That's a positive - right? All I hear from Ram is "The engineers are working on it and the next software update will correct the issue." Seems to me they need new engineers. I just got off the phone with Ram Cares (talk about an oxymoron!) and they literally said "A software update is coming the first quarter of 2023 that should fix it. Nothing else we can do." Everyone needs to report this issue and start wearing out Ram Cares and dealerships. I'm starting my 16th month of dealing with this serious lack of a sense of urgency to address this issue. Might be time to get rid of this thing and go GM product. All because of a radio...or is it lack of customer service? If they can't fix a radio, what if it's something really serious?
Do you need to be copy and pasting this in any thread you found that mentioned uconnect?

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
70% of the time is not good! The "who knows what screen is going to come up when I start the truck" thing is a fairly common issue. Happens on my new 22 also, but it just sort of makes me smile when it happens. I'm a software developer, so I get a chuckle out of bugs like that. They can be a bear to chase down, but there is really no excuse for them making it out into the wild. Poor quality assurance/testing.

But what others issues are you having? That issue does not make the system inoperative, so must be some other big things going on.

SwitcherLP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Uconnect is extremely glitchy/buggy. I had to disable dual OS connection as I have an Android and my wife has Apple and this confused the 12" screen to no end, I could NEVER switch the audio when dual loaded, and if the Android disconnected during running there would be absolutely no way to get the media player to show on screen or Android Auto to show on it's little half screen, until the vehicle was off for at least 5-10 minutes.

The only thing I can assume by RAM/Uconnect deafening silence is they are incompetent at implementing modern technology or they have already abandoned this rendition of Uconnect.

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well uconnect 5 is a deal breaker for me. unfortunately every truck in inventory around here has it.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Uconnect4 is little better, but not by much.

Just couple days ago. I was driving. Nothing would respond on the screen. Music was playing, gps was moving. None of the buttons on screen would work.
I couldn't turn off the heated seats or steering wheel. I stopped, got out of the truck, turned it off. even walked away for like 10 mins.

It was -20 and windy. Didn't fix it. Went back to driving with really hot ass.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The Uconnect on my 2014 was a bit "buggy" from day one. Maybe 1-2X/mo it would restart or lag really bad when starting. Finally at about seven years it started flashing error messages and I got it replaced under Maxcare warranty. Grabbing a picture of the error message was huge in getting the dealer to do it. Otherwise, it's the old, "can't replicate problem" routine when I took it in.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The Uconnect on my 2014 was a bit "buggy" from day one. Maybe 1-2X/mo it would restart or lag really bad when starting. Finally at about seven years it started flashing error messages and I got it replaced under Maxcare warranty. Grabbing a picture of the error message was huge in getting the dealer to do it. Otherwise, it's the old, "can't replicate problem" routine when I took it in.
Exactly. Because most of these issues are intermittent, it makes it easy for the local service dept to deny claims.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Uconnect4 is little better, but not by much.

Just couple days ago. I was driving. Nothing would respond on the screen. Music was playing, gps was moving. None of the buttons on screen would work.
I couldn't turn off the heated seats or steering wheel. I stopped, got out of the truck, turned it off. even walked away for like 10 mins.

It was -20 and windy. Didn't fix it. Went back to driving with really hot ass.
I had the 8.4" uConnect 4 in my 18 2500. It was always rock solid. It did receive a couple of OTA updates while I owned it, but I could not tell any difference. I also had buttons below the stereo to control the vented seats and heated steering wheel.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I had the 8.4" uConnect 4 in my 18 2500. It was always rock solid. It did receive a couple of OTA updates while I owned it, but I could not tell any difference. I also had buttons below the stereo to control the vented seats and heated steering wheel.

Luckily :) No buttons for me. In General it works good, but when it doesn't... It really sucks.

I check at least once a month, no software updates for my truck. As you mentioned above. It happens at random times, so no way to show uconnect or dealer.