UDYSPWGN “Build”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Udy2554

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice! What made you stick with the 12.5” wides instead of the 10.5” wides for the winter set?
To tell you the truth, I didn’t even know of the 10.5’s existence!?!?

I probably would’ve stayed with the 12.5 either way! Gotta keep the wheel wells filled! ;-p

I’m really happy with these Kendas! Hoping to get some miles out of them!

OP
OP
Udy2554

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey y’all! Just hit 7000 miles on these Klever RTs! I can’t see any wear! Very mild cupping on the fronts, though they are a little overdue for rotation! I’ve been moving into my new place and haven’t made the time to do it!

I live on top of a hill with a long grade! Not much for you guys out west, but I’m almost at 2000’! Tons of snow and ice covered roads! No issues at all! They didn’t make me miss the studded Hakkapelliitas I switched from!

Loving them so far! A great alternative to the expensive tires I’ve been running all my life!

Also, my driveway is a mix of mud and clay covered with #2 crush n run! Very little slipping, and they clean out quite well, even the clay!image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

OP
OP
Udy2554

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Some pics of my driveway! 200’ in from the road, 90*R, another 180’ to the turnaround in front of the barn/home!IMG_9505.jpegIMG_9570.jpegIMG_9571.jpegIMG_9506.jpegIMG_9579.jpegIMG_9578.jpeg

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Btw, how are those Toyo RTs treating you?
Ohhhhhhhh, they are doing pretty good. Just rotated them yesterday in the driveway for the 3rd time, got about 15k miles on them already! Which is crazy…havnt had them a year yet, and i normally have been averaging 8k miles a year. Life changed for sure! But yea, noticed some added noise as well as cupping on on the outsides up front which…waited a little too long for the rotation i think. They arnt really worth a **** in the snow covered roads, which sucks, but kinda expected that. Been good enough to get me by this winter, but i have definitely been using 4wd a lot more than when i had the wildpeak at3w’s. Certainly got to be careful with them…i wouldnt put my better half out on the road with them in the winter, thats for sure. I havnt had them rebalanced since initially being installed, still rolling smooth. Looks as if some of the stick on weights have been ripped off too, but no wobbles that im feeling. All in all theyve been good, probly look into something else next go round though, mainly because i really enjoy have better winter traction lol

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Spray foam….nice! You heat the whole barn, or just the camper?

OP
OP
Udy2554

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Spray foam….nice! You heat the whole barn, or just the camper?
Whole barn(32x40x14)!

I started heating it with an Empire DV35! It’ll work with loss of power, just no blower! I keep the barn at 60*! The Empire does it easy! Likes the LP as much as the PW likes gas!;-)

IMG_9497.jpeg

If outdoor temps drop to lower 30s, I have a pellet stove! On low fire, it uses a 40lb bag of pellets every 24 hrs!

IMG_9557.jpegIMG_9556.jpeg

Using the Empire at 60*, the camper is 66*-68*…almost too warm to sleep! With the pellet stove on low fire, the barn hovers @66*-68*! The camper is then 68*-71*! Too warm to sleep! I then slide a barn window open and run a fan in the bedroom window! It cools the bedroom to upper 50*s! Good sleeping!

When designing the barn, the side windows of the barn correspond with the slide and bedroom windows! There is some natural light and some air movement if needed!

3” of foam in the walls, 4” in the ceiling!

For now, the camper is mostly kitchen and bathroom! As funds and time allow, I will build an 8’x16’ raised deck(12” joists) for a bathroom/laundry! Mating wall facing into barn will be kitchenette! Ceiling joists will cantilever over kitchenette 20” for cabinets! Deck of ceiling over mud and bath will be storage(@8.5’x24’)! Once all that is done…hoping by spring/summer, camper will move out to make room for open floor plan! Bedroom, living/office space! Work shelving(HVAC) and shop space will be shared for simple vehicle maintenance! Eventually a 24’x40’ leanto will become shop/garage! A covered pull out area for the TA will be last! Time and money…

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Whole barn(32x40x14)!

I started heating it with an Empire DV35! It’ll work with loss of power, just no blower! I keep the barn at 60*! The Empire does it easy! Likes the LP as much as the PW likes gas!;-)

View attachment 537261

If outdoor temps drop to lower 30s, I have a pellet stove! On low fire, it uses a 40lb bag of pellets every 24 hrs!

View attachment 537262View attachment 537263

Using the Empire at 60*, the camper is 66*-68*…almost too warm to sleep! With the pellet stove on low fire, the barn hovers @66*-68*! The camper is then 68*-71*! Too warm to sleep! I then slide a barn window open and run a fan in the bedroom window! It cools the bedroom to upper 50*s! Good sleeping!

When designing the barn, the side windows of the barn correspond with the slide and bedroom windows! There is some natural light and some air movement if needed!

3” of foam in the walls, 4” in the ceiling!

For now, the camper is mostly kitchen and bathroom! As funds and time allow, I will build an 8’x16’ raised deck(12” joists) for a bathroom/laundry! Mating wall facing into barn will be kitchenette! Ceiling joists will cantilever over kitchenette 20” for cabinets! Deck of ceiling over mud and bath will be storage(@8.5’x24’)! Once all that is done…hoping by spring/summer, camper will move out to make room for open floor plan! Bedroom, living/office space! Work shelving(HVAC) and shop space will be shared for simple vehicle maintenance! Eventually a 24’x40’ leanto will become shop/garage! A covered pull out area for the TA will be last! Time and money…
Hell yea!

Yep…its all about the time and money…which always seems so limited lmao

Westwind1124a

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 ZR2Hd
Engine
6.6 Duramax
I have to say that that is one great looking setup. All the important stuff inside!