Uh Oh Mobil 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Octane

Reaction score
Wow. I almost want to stay off these forums. Sometimes I'm driving around just waiting for something to break because of some of the stuff I read here.
I know many people come on here to vent, and report bad stuff, but it can't help to make you feel a little paranoid.
Like is my truck gonna end up being one of the problematic lumps that some people bought.
And the dealer nonsense when they try to figure out any bizarre excuse they can to deny warranty work.

I never worried about brands of oil or filters before. I always bought the popular mainstream stuff and used what the manual called for and never had an issue. Then I come on here and read all the conflicting reports about viscosity and brands and such. Now it takes a week to decide which oil and filter I should use because this stuff sticks in my head, and then I second guess my decision the whole time.
Someone really needs to start a forum where only good stuff happens. And these forums can be rather scary but I just ignore most stuff as everything man made is gonna break.

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
Well, oddly enough I just did my first oil change and used Mobil 1.
So when I saw this thread the "uh oh" part caught my eye.
So I guess any day now my truck is going to randomly burst into flames and ultimately not be covered under warranty after months of back amd forth with the dealer. They will blame it on the Mobil 1 and then I'll wish I had seen this thread a week earlier. Lol.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
So..... NOW THE DEALERSHIP HAS NOT CALLED TO SAY THAT IT WILL NOT BE COVERED UNDER MY EXTENDED WARRANTY, A FRIEND'S SON WORKS IN THE TIRE SHOP THERE, SO HE DID SOME DIGGING FOR ME. I AM PAYING FOR A RENTAL, AND THEY ALREADY KNOW THEY ARE NOT GOING TO COVER IT. THIS IS NOT AN EXTENDED WARRANTY ISSUE, THIS ISSUE IS DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE ENGINE SWAP, AND THE FACT THAT FOR 16 DAYS MY TRUCK WAS ON A LIFT WITH THE 22" RIMS AND TIRES HANGING, AND THAT IS STILL BEFORE WE HAVE EVEN TALKED THE ACTUAL PHYSICAL DAMAGE THAT THEY DID TO MY TRUCK!! I HAVE REQUESTED MORE THAN 5-10 TIMES TO SPEAK WITH SOMEONE ABOVE THE SERVICE CENTER MANAGER AND I KEEP GETTING DEFLECTED!!!!!

I AM LITERALLY BLOWN AWAY BY THIS TREATMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin,

I just had the chance to follow up with your PM on this, please take a moment to follow up with me there when you can!

Mark
RamCares

Kevin Barker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
************** holy sh&%!!!

9 MORE DAYS IN THE RENTAL, 3RD PARTY INSPECTOR COMES OUT AND DETERMINES THAT THE PS RACK AND CONTROL ARMS ARE NOT BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, I NO LONGER HAVE A WARRANTY DUE TO THE TRUCK BEING MODIFIED. THE 3RD PARTY COMPANY JUST PAID $10K FOR THE ENGINE ON THE 26TH, AND DI NOT VOID MY WARRANTY FOR THE TRUCK BEING MODIFIED THEN????

THE DEALERSHIP SAYS THAT THEY DON'T HAVE COPIES OF THE INSPECTORS REPORTS, SO HOW DID THEY DETERMINE THAT THE INSPECTOR SAID THEY WERE NOT FAILED/FAILING,

SO THE DEALERSHIP HAS DESTROYED MY TRUCK, AND THE FACT THAT THERE IS ONLY 2,250 IN THE UNIVERSE, MAKES IT EVEN MORE DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE IT, I LOVE THE RAM 1500'S AND I LOVE MINE, THERE IS NOT A TRUCK OUT RIGHT NOW THAT I WOULD WANT TO DRIVE MOR THAN MINE, BUT MY WIFE AND I CANNOT CONTINUE TO POUR $$$$$ INTO CARS AND TRUCKS THAT WE PAID OVER $60K A PIECE FOR.

I JUST CANNOT BELIEVE THE TREATMENT, AND ALSO HOW HARD IT IS TO GET IN TOUCH WITH FCA, AND OF COURSE THE FACT EVERYTIME I HVAE TRIED TO TALK TO SOMEONE FROM FCA, THEY SEEM TO ACT JUST AS RUDE AS THE DEALERSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tHIS TRUCK I HAVE IS MY PTSD THEARPY, I USE IT TO STAY BUSY ON MY DAYS OFF FROM MY REGULAR JOB, BECAUSE IT'S WHEN I STOP MOVING THAT MY MIND TENDS TO GET SCATTERED, SO I USE MY TRUCK TO GO TO CUSTOMERS AND DO THEIR VINYL WRAPS AT THEIR HOUSES, AND I ALSO TRAVEL IN IT TO HELP VETERANS WITH CUSTOM PROJECTS ON THEIR CARS/TRUCKS/SUV'S

I JUST HOPE THAT "DODGE/RAM" WILL NOT LET THIS DELERSHIP TAKE THE ONE THING FROM ME, THAT KEEPS ME FROM BEING ONE OF THE #22ADAY.

texan279

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

9 MORE DAYS IN THE RENTAL, 3RD PARTY INSPECTOR COMES OUT AND DETERMINES THAT THE PS RACK AND CONTROL ARMS ARE NOT BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, I NO LONGER HAVE A WARRANTY DUE TO THE TRUCK BEING MODIFIED. THE 3RD PARTY COMPANY JUST PAID $10K FOR THE ENGINE ON THE 26TH, AND DI NOT VOID MY WARRANTY FOR THE TRUCK BEING MODIFIED THEN????

THE DEALERSHIP SAYS THAT THEY DON'T HAVE COPIES OF THE INSPECTORS REPORTS, SO HOW DID THEY DETERMINE THAT THE INSPECTOR SAID THEY WERE NOT FAILED/FAILING,

SO THE DEALERSHIP HAS DESTROYED MY TRUCK, AND THE FACT THAT THERE IS ONLY 2,250 IN THE UNIVERSE, MAKES IT EVEN MORE DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE IT, I LOVE THE RAM 1500'S AND I LOVE MINE, THERE IS NOT A TRUCK OUT RIGHT NOW THAT I WOULD WANT TO DRIVE MOR THAN MINE, BUT MY WIFE AND I CANNOT CONTINUE TO POUR $$$$$ INTO CARS AND TRUCKS THAT WE PAID OVER $60K A PIECE FOR.

I JUST CANNOT BELIEVE THE TREATMENT, AND ALSO HOW HARD IT IS TO GET IN TOUCH WITH FCA, AND OF COURSE THE FACT EVERYTIME I HVAE TRIED TO TALK TO SOMEONE FROM FCA, THEY SEEM TO ACT JUST AS RUDE AS THE DEALERSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tHIS TRUCK I HAVE IS MY PTSD THEARPY, I USE IT TO STAY BUSY ON MY DAYS OFF FROM MY REGULAR JOB, BECAUSE IT'S WHEN I STOP MOVING THAT MY MIND TENDS TO GET SCATTERED, SO I USE MY TRUCK TO GO TO CUSTOMERS AND DO THEIR VINYL WRAPS AT THEIR HOUSES, AND I ALSO TRAVEL IN IT TO HELP VETERANS WITH CUSTOM PROJECTS ON THEIR CARS/TRUCKS/SUV'S

I JUST HOPE THAT "DODGE/RAM" WILL NOT LET THIS DELERSHIP TAKE THE ONE THING FROM ME, THAT KEEPS ME FROM BEING ONE OF THE #22ADAY.

I just read through this thread for the first time. First, thank you for your service and thank you for what you are doing for others. This whole ordeal is beyond insane and ridiculous. I hope the dealership and everyone involved step up and do the right thing and make this situation right. Maybe there's a lawyer or someone on the forum that will see this and reach out with legal advice or suggestions. This ordeal makes my blood boil, and I'm not even the person having to deal with it. I can't imagine what you're going through. I do see that @RamCares posted.

CantRepeat

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 2500 Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins stock

I know you're upset, but I'd like to suggest you take the CAPs key off. It would make your post a bit easier to read.

It may be time to get a lawyer involved.

Kevin Barker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just read through this thread for the first time. First, thank you for your service and thank you for what you are doing for others. This whole ordeal is beyond insane and ridiculous. I hope the dealership and everyone involved step up and do the right thing and make this situation right. Maybe there's a lawyer or someone on the forum that will see this and reach out with legal advice or suggestions. This ordeal makes my blood boil, and I'm not even the person having to deal with it. I can't imagine what you're going through. I do see that @RamCares posted.

Thank you everyone for the kind words and encouragement....

I still cannot believe that I am having to deal with this!! my truck is so sketchy now, in a curve at 65mph and the entire front end of the truck made a "SLIDING", like the axle and all was gonna slide right out from under the truck.

ALSO....,,,,,, I have a pretty significant oil leak from the oil pan on MY BRAND NEW ENGINE that has had 4 oil pan bolts already and attached are the pictures of the “LEAK’s” yes MULTIPLE leaks for the oil pan.

AB1C3FB5-7C1E-4349-90D1-46A2D78FA9FD.jpeg

26BA311F-4762-4508-AAEF-DD4A5FF044A3.jpeg

D5397D24-9A6A-4B18-919B-9EC6DB4D48F1.jpeg

6C57FB26-5B23-4490-8C99-E9C0081975D3.jpeg

E7C10462-6E56-4540-BE27-AFDE7CE8AAB0.png

Kevin Barker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, here is what was under my truck this morning. How is this NOT an issue to anyone but me?

607A2D2C-382B-4B95-9D3A-533E58385EDA.jpeg

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Nobody thinks that is not an issue, just a solvable issue. Everyone here is on your side, fca blew it.