Unable to adjust engine hours with AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aefio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have a 2017 Ram 1500 Express. I purchased a 7" EVIC and was able to adjust the mileage after a couple tries, but every time I attempt to do the engine hours now it just errors out. I have AlfaOBD and the OBDLink MX+. Here's the error I'm getting:
6yb6H5F

Anyone have any solutions for this? Let me know if I need to add more info.

rixter99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 SRW
Engine
Cummins i6.7
I just upgraded mine to a 7" EVIC last night (Windows 10/MX+)...I had no problems changing the 'miles'...During the 'hours' change portion, I put in the idle hours and selected the 7" EVIC option in the line below where I put in the hours...The progress box (below the 'Start' button) said process failed, but there was also a modal box (information pop-up) that came up telling me to turn the key off, and then back on, and then wait for the IP self-test to complete before pressing OK...I pressed OK and the EVIC started flashing/beeping, then stopped...The progress box showed completed...Repeated process for total hours and that was also successful...My odometer and hours (idle, driving, total) are all correct...

Your error message snapshot did not show up...

Cheers, Rick

OP
OP
A

Aefio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I see that the image didn't populate. It says "No data received from ECU/Interface or data corrupted. Try to start the procedure again..."

rixter99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 SRW
Engine
Cummins i6.7
Are you sure the MX+ is connected to the device or that AlfaOBD is 'connected' to the IP Cluster?..I forgot to close AlfaOBD and tried to make a change and rcvd that error before...

OP
OP
A

Aefio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Yes, I connect to both the MX+ and the IPC. It just hangs on the starting text and then gives me a procedure failed. The instrument cluster doesn't flash or update whatsoever.

rixter99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 SRW
Engine
Cummins i6.7
Sorry - lost the thread in the minutia of life...Since I'm running on Windows 10, my experience/steps may differ...There have been times I have to close everything down and start a new session w/AlfaOBD, even though I had just opened AlfaOBD...

MSGRetired

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just did this 2 days ago. I am using the VeePee OBD Bluetooth reader with AlfaOBD. No issues here everything was adjusted first try. I am using an older Galaxy S8 cellphone. Make sure you have the latest version of AlfaOBD as well ..

nicatine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Unable to change mileage , engine and idle hours, keep saying procedure failure on all attempts, I've feel like I've tried everything not sure what I'm doing wrong any help or suggestions would be appreciated, I'm using obd link mx+ with alpha obd app getting frustrated

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Aefio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Just from looking around the forum it does look like people have better luck with the Windows version of AlfaOBD. I've reached out to see if I can get my license switched over (currently using it on a Samsung Note 9) to Windows. I will update this thread if I have any luck with that.

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Where exactly are you all seeing where you can change the idle hours? I only see mileage correction?