Undercoating - Fluid Film or?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have done a little research on undercoating. Seems to be a lot of opinions on this. Ziebart doesn't get the greatest reviews and not many around my area. How many of you guys have tried fluid film or other products like 3M undercoating and how has it worked out? Thanks.

Johnny P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I went to Line-X and had it applied to my Bed and used their undercoating also.If its anything like their Bed Liner Spray I'm sure I will be happy down the road.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought my '17 in October of '17. In November I applied Corrosion Free Rust Cure. Did the same thing about a year later (last October).

If you look under the truck, everything looks as black as it did the day I picked it up (except the used hitch that the other guys insurance co cheaped out on when he hit my truck). Yes, its all "oily and greasy" under there, but there is NO rust after 2 winters now.

I would never suggest anything like a paint that is expected to stick and cure/harden. Thats just asking for a cut or a knick to end up holding sand, salt, water, etc and rusting out (silently, no less). The oil stuff will stay clear so you can see whats going on (you can get black oil too but I prefer to see whats going on underneath it)

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Krown
Corrosion Free
Rust Check

These are IMO the top 3, although any outfit that uses an oily, waxy spray is good. This isn't a once and one thing though. If you want it to do what it's intended to do, yearly re-sprays are a must.

Ziebart or any type of sticky tar like spray is horrible. Ziebart still uses the stuff. They'll cake the underside of your truck with it for around $600 and give you free yearly re-layering so long as you don't go beyond a year.

I had the Ram in my sig sprayed with Krown last year. I have some very light surface rust on some frame, chassis and suspension components and I see zero evidence of Krown on the underside of the truck. I can wipe my hand down the frame and not get dirty. BUT.. I still have evidence of Krown creeping out of most body panels. It's best to get the truck sprayed when it's still very warm out to give the product the most time to flow/creep. Most do it in the fall. Supposedly not optimum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01