Undercoating/oil spraying

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Abell34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
I used to detail my own cars but i just cant seem to get that much time lined up to do it. Ive used our local detailer several times and they do good work. Maybe someday when i retire i can invest in all the proper equipment and garage space to do it myself. I kind of enjoyed it when i used to do it.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I purchased this fluid film kit and added all of the extra wands and extensions.

http://www.kellsportproducts.com/Fluid-Film-Auto-Truck-Undercoating-kit-1-One-gallon-kit_p_13.html

Late fall before winter I put the truck up on the hoist and squirt this stuff over the entire undercarriage. Also put the flexible extension wands on and coat the living hell out of the inside of the rocker panels, cab corners, fenders, box sides, tailgate etc.

Im going on year number three and think I will need to get another gallon again finally.

It has quite a powerfull odor for the first week or two. But you eventually get used to it lol.

How well does it work? Well, let ya know in ten years or so. Thats usually what it takes for the fenders and rockers to disintegrate up here.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man I wish I had my own lift!

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
Had Krown applied my 2016 Ram.Happy so far.

IMG_0691.jpg

Reuben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have been debating this myself. We don’t really have the rust problem as bad here in Colorado but that mag chloride can be nasty too.

OP
OP
lpfm1990

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I had mine Krown coated. Probably should done it back when the truck was new in sept 2016, but oh well. She doesn’t have too much rust on the frame. And now it shouldn’t get any worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know our trucks are the same color but damn yours is shiny. I wouldn’t mind a bit more bling on mine but just a tad. I really like the older PW wheels.

Thanks man. Yea, there is a ton of chrome on these for sure. When i went to order this truck it was too late to make the order because the new style ‘17s had already started. So I found this truck on a lot a few states over and snagged it up. I wouldnt mind toning down a bit of the chrome, though (maybe the grill insert?).

Reuben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks man. Yea, there is a ton of chrome on these for sure. When i went to order this truck it was too late to make the order because the new style ‘17s had already started. So I found this truck on a lot a few states over and snagged it up. I wouldnt mind toning down a bit of the chrome, though (maybe the grill insert?).
The thing I like about yours is the painted to match fender flares. I’m not a huge chrome fan but a little is nice.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

I think it looks good with all the chrome, has a nice balance. But I guess I'm a bit biased here.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just got done with the ol wagons 8th season having fluid film applied. I was a little late this year, but late is better than never haaaaa. Now to go trash it on the salty roads ughhhhh.

IMG_7634.jpeg

IMG_7636.jpeg