Underseat gun mount

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by chrisp2493, May 6, 2017.

1. chrisp2493

chrisp2493 Always Modding

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    392 Hemi
    Anyone have a gun mount for the underside of the back seat? Thinking about making something for my AR pistol for a truck gun

Rado likes this.
  2. Yeret

Yeret The Village Drunk

Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
    Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9 Magnum
    What would really be the point of such a thing? The space under the back seat is plenty big enough to stash a long gun with it's case.

And what good could that do as a "truck gun?" If someone wants to jack you on the street, you sure as hell ain't gonna be able to grab a gun sitting back there. Now, if you had a gun under the driver's seat, that'd be a different story. I know a guy who keeps a big, unsheathed bowie under his seat for just such an occasion.

The only use of such a thing I could see is if you're a Mad Max-universe road warrior and you got someone sitting in the back that could use the space to stash an extra gun or two. At this point in time, we're not living in a post-apocalypse so, yeah.

3. chrisp2493

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    392 Hemi
    If I get jacked in the truck, the glock on my hip takes care of that :)
    The all time truck gun isn't all that crazy. My Ohio concealed carry permit only covers pistols, not long guns. So my AR pistol can stay locked and loaded in my vehicle and be covered under my license. And if you want to know what the point is....with the latest rage of workplace shootings and terrorists attacks, I rest easy knowing if I can make it to my truck I have a better backup to a pistol. Also....

It's America.

I can do what I want haha

BoDuke, HammerHead, xeriminox and 3 others like this.
  4. Yeret

Yeret The Village Drunk

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9 Magnum
    Good point, but if I'm at work or anywhere else and there's a terrorist attack and I can make it to my truck, I sure as hell ain't gonna grab a gun and fight back. I'm gonna fire the engine and punch the **** out of there, LOL.

5. WilliamS

WilliamS Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    As long as thats an option its always the right one. If Im stuck I have my defenses. My M92 SBR folds down and fits in the rear cargo nicely. 3 30rd magazines its always close enough for me to be worse than them. Waiting on my silencer as we speak.

HammerHead and R.L.K. like this.
  6. chrisp2493

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    392 Hemi
    If I hadn't spent so much on my truck from being on this forum, I might have been able to afford a silencer

BoDuke and R.L.K. like this.
  7. Gr8bawana

Gr8bawana Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Workplace shootings and terrorist attacks rarely happen in the parking lot. I seriously doubt having a weapon in your vehicle is going to do any good.
    Like Yeret said you're not going to run out to your truck and then run back in.
    The small town where I live has a lot of clowns who think they're Barney-Bad-Ass because they carry a pistol on their hip into the grocery stores. Are they gonna go in there and hunt for their groceries? They just think it makes the look tough and macho.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    WilliamS likes this.
  8. WilliamS

WilliamS Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    That's 100% true, but having traffic issues and riots are also a common place lately. Work is one thing, I'll be leaving and not going back unless my wife's in there (works at the same place). Then the bad guys will have an issue. All that being said is rather be passive, but once my family is in danger I will be the problem.

As much as I am for open carry, I wouldn't do it personally as it makes you the first target. I only like it for the accidental flash, even though you are technically protected, Id rather not have the hassle of proving it was not intentional.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  9. chrisp2493

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    392 Hemi
    Better to have and not need, then need and not have.

I don't care what anyone thinks about me having guns on my hip going to the grocery store, mall, friends house, etc...if you want to think "there goes Barney bad ass" go right ahead, it doesn't bother me. Sure, chances are slim to none it will ever, EVER have to be used, but you are a fool of you think you are safe everywhere you go.

10. Yeret

Yeret The Village Drunk

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9 Magnum
    Y'know, I don't have a problem with concealed carry. I really don't. In fact, I've contemplated getting a concealed carry permit myself.

Here's the problem. There are definitely a few people with a concealed carry permit who, in regards to owning, let alone carrying, a gun are ****ing idiots. I read a good article a while back where someone with concealed carry took pot shots at someone who shoplifted from Wal-Mart in a frigging parking lot. You know, a parking lot where there are plenty of people just minding their own business not expecting to have bullets whizzing past them from some self-proclaimed vigilante trying to "save the day." Luckily, no one got hurt.

Damn, I wish I could find the article again. I think it happened in Colorado but I really don't know.

A gun should always be a last resort. It should be used as a defensive tool far moreso than an offensive tool. There are people, after all, who are paid to use guns offensively and you, as a civilian, are just asking to get entangled in lawsuits if you use a gun DEfensivly let alone OFFensivly.

I still say, if you get caught up in a situation involving guns and you can get away, DO IT and call the police. They'll send in body-armored SWAT guys who are plenty adept at handling such a situation plus it won't be your ass if someone gets killed. Now, if you find yourself at gunpoint by whackos and you yourself are carrying a piece, then the situation gets real dicey real quick. If they're some freaky, cultist, "doing the work of whoever" kind of guys, know that if you don't act, you, or someone else, has a good chance of dying...unless you opportunistically pull your piece and smoke them. Know that doing so is likely to land you a lawsuit where the difference between "offensive" and "defensive" use of a gun will be hotly debated even if the people you killed are in fact the biggest pieces of **** on the planet who deserved to get gunned down.

Usage of guns and the modern American law system aren't always known to be copacetic. Proceed with caution and always use your head. If you're lucky, you'll never have to pull your piece but be prepared to deal with the consequences if you do...or don't...

Gr8bawana likes this.