Underseat storage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jm91rs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've used a DUHA underseat storage bin in my Silverado for years. It is perfect for organizing my rarely needed tools and straps, BUT it's a huge pain to access because I have car seats. Nothing worse than having to take 3 car seats out of the back seat just to get that one strap or blanket. I'm trying to come up with something that might somehow be accessible without lifting the rear seats. I'm picturing some sort of hinged front piece carpeted to match the floor? Fold it down and pull out my bag of straps or my emergency blankets (which get used ALL the time at soccer games). Has anyone ever made their own underseat storage? I'm not even sure calling it storage is right, just sort of a divider to hide what's under there.

The attached photo is something I saw one time online and I believe it's a factory option for certain models. I'm thinking of making something like this, but the front is hinged to allow it to fold open and save me from having to lift the seats. They call that underseat storage, but it's just a piece that hides what's under the seat and keeps it from spilling out.

Thoughts, Ideas?

Edit- I'm seeing some posts on another site that this factory style thing might actually fold down to open from the front? Anyone have one of these that they can send a photo? I really just need to be able to get to it without taking out the car seats.

2019_Ram_1500_Interior-Storage-Miami-Lakes-Automall.jpg

Last edited:

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
I've used a DUHA underseat storage bin in my Silverado for years. It is perfect for organizing my rarely needed tools and straps, BUT it's a huge pain to access because I have car seats. Nothing worse than having to take 3 car seats out of the back seat just to get that one strap or blanket. I'm trying to come up with something that might somehow be accessible without lifting the rear seats. I'm picturing some sort of hinged front piece carpeted to match the floor? Fold it down and pull out my bag of straps or my emergency blankets (which get used ALL the time at soccer games). Has anyone ever made their own underseat storage? I'm not even sure calling it storage is right, just sort of a divider to hide what's under there.

The attached photo is something I saw one time online and I believe it's a factory option for certain models. I'm thinking of making something like this, but the front is hinged to allow it to fold open and save me from having to lift the seats. They call that underseat storage, but it's just a piece that hides what's under the seat and keeps it from spilling out.

Thoughts, Ideas?

Edit- I'm seeing some posts on another site that this factory style thing might actually fold down to open from the front? Anyone have one of these that they can send a photo? I really just need to be able to get to it without taking out the car seats.

View attachment 223936

The OEM storage system has two positions. The seat doesn’t come down flush against the panel leaving room to reach in between the seat bottom and front panel to access items. If fully extended, the front panel is hinged so you could lay it down to access items provided you haven’t packed things tight up against it.

upload_2020-10-11_7-32-5.jpegupload_2020-10-11_7-33-10.jpeg

magic280z

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have a crew cab there are also storage bins in the rear floor under the floor mat.

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 - Crew Cab/5.7 Bed - 5.7 Hemi - 3.92 - Anti Spin - Level 1 Options - RamBox - BUG

2019_RPX_LTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
I know it says this is for a Crew Cab but the pictures they show are definitely Quad Cab. Anyone looking at this needs to confirm it will fit.

Yes, it fits the 2019/20 crew cab, new body style with the fold-down storage bin. This is confirmed by Husky in the questions/answer section:

"Husky Liner part #09411 fits 2019 Ram Crew Cab trucks (new body style) equipped with the factory folding storage bin."

The first picture is the actual part (without a divider).

OP
OP
J

Jm91rs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The OEM storage system has two positions. The seat doesn’t come down flush against the panel leaving room to reach in between the seat bottom and front panel to access items. If fully extended, the front panel is hinged so you could lay it down to access items provided you haven’t packed things tight up against it.

View attachment 224280View attachment 224281

So in your 2nd photo, is this the fully extended position or the hinged open position? It still looks to me like even when it's hinged open you still have to have the seat up to get in there? If your photo is the fully extended position and then that front panel hinges forward to completely open it that's exactly what I'm looking at. If that's the open position but can get there without flipping the seat up it might still work.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
You have to lift the seat to access this kind and unfortunately I'm trying to avoid that because of my 3 car seats.

here are the three positions of the OEM under seat storage unit. Hope it helps you determine what you need for your personal situation. 9A41C221-3B07-46C9-BD04-9A5518F8815E.jpegCB759D35-719A-477D-8776-2AF58B7FE39F.jpeg 45F8E915-27DE-492F-86A5-EC0555780D30.jpeg

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Should have opted for the rambox. That's where I keep things that I need to use often.

But since you didn't, you can fold down the front of the oem underseat storage, as shown in the second picture in the previous post.

Dogpatch

Senior Member - Ram Nut
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought the Husky Gearbox. Fits over the stock storage and the floor mat.
Perfect fit. 10 minute install. Stores all my crap!

1D21AB18-C742-42CA-936D-48C0678C6634.png

56ECED70-6651-44D4-9371-1810E37D1A72.jpeg

Frank Cota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello,
I am in the Denver area and I have a Husky Under seat storage that I would like to sell, I sold the truck. It is like brand new, I never carried rear seat passengers so no scuffs or scratches. I would rather sell locally, if anyone is in the Denver or Colorado Springs area. Thank you.

IMG_1517.jpg

Dogpatch

Senior Member - Ram Nut
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really like this, but the website says it won't fit my 2021 1500 Crew Cab. It could just be that they haven't updated to include 21's though. Has anyone confirmed that it will fit a 21 yet?
@GunnyJC
I would contact them direct. Perhaps they haven’t updated the list yet. Trucks may not have changed configuration.