Uniconnect Navigation stopped working after 1 year

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings Diesel
After a year my Uconnect Navigation stopped working (XM Guardian expired), I took it to the dealer, and they told me that i would need to buy XM Guardian subscription in order for it work. I called corporate headquarters, and they also told me the same thing, that Uconnect controlled that aspect of my truck. I told them that was BS to pay $90K for a truck and then $25/month for Navigation to work, they said sorry. I did find out if I use the Voice command to 'Find Address' it will work. but not from the touchscreen input.

Last edited:

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
We don't pay anything for XM guardian or uConnect services and the nav works fine. 3 uConnect systems. 18 2500 8.4", 21 Pacifica Limited and 22 Ram 2500 12".

BTW, on the left side of the screen, under your user name, you have your truck listed as having a "Cummings" diesel. There is no "g" in that word, it's a Cummins diesel. Not trying to be a 'net nanny, but thought I'd point it out.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Please explain a bit more about what you are calling "Uconnect Navigation".

There is no GPS subscription, it is built in to the radios. No subscriptions at all required for the GPS portion, ie directions to 123 Main St.

For Uconnect services, there very well may be a subscription such as traffic and gas prices, again, depending on what you are calling "Uconnect Navigation"