Unlock Navigation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 LITER V8 HEMI ENGINE
Anyone has a way to activate Nav on a 2018 Dodge Ram? Can ALFAOBD unlock this feature?

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Anyone has a way to activate Nav on a 2018 Dodge Ram? Can ALFAOBD unlock this feature?

The newer 2018 UAS radio (which I believe you have) does not have the navigation function built-in that can be unlocked with a code like the older RA3 radios. You would have to upgrade to a UAQ radio to get the navigation function. It is a plug and play upgrade and you could sell your UAS to help offset the cost. The price difference between the UAS and UAQ is around $200 - $300 which is about the same as the RA3 unlock on the older radios and way cheaper than the $600 to activate it on the older RA3.

13BTOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just to update Navi expert in UK just got back to me and said my 2019 uses a different system and he is not able to get the activation code for it.

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I unlocked mine with the Navi expert eBay guy about 6 months ago, then about a month ago I update my radio to the 18.45 firmware.

Everything still works fine.

Brad Kiley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Interested in getting map updates please? Can someone send me info? Thanks

Gregory2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi,

So I intend on getting my Nav turned on and maps update also from same guy.
Per his site you need to have all updates done first and per my vin I need update 18.45.01.
I have downloaded the zip on my pc .
Question is do I download the entire zip on a usb stick or extract it first to on the pc then download to the usb stick.
Anyone know ?

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Hi,

So I intend on getting my Nav turned on and maps update also from same guy.
Per his site you need to have all updates done first and per my vin I need update 18.45.01.
I have downloaded the zip on my pc .
Question is do I download the entire zip on a usb stick or extract it first to on the pc then download to the usb stick.
Anyone know ?
Greg, check the roll up thread above in the pinned area. All instructions and files are there.

Gregory2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Steve,
Thanks for the tip.
Found the info and extracted it to my usb, inserted it in the truck, but it just nothing happens after that.
per the directions the screen should change then begin to load. Mine does nothing, any ideas ?

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Steve,
Thanks for the tip.
Found the info and extracted it to my usb, inserted it in the truck, but it just nothing happens after that.
per the directions the screen should change then begin to load. Mine does nothing, any ideas ?
Mine took a few minutes before it started. In fact I pulled it out the first time thinking something was wrong. Then I decided to put it back and drive around then it eventually started to update. Took about 20 minutes.

Gregory2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
just did the same, now working and was able to perform the download.

Thanks for your help

Hemi832

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sometimes you have to download each individual file on to the USB. I had that problem and called uconnect. They had me download each file instead of the zipped version. Worked after that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye