Unlocking pcm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1. Can it be done at home?
2. If i have an extra pcm who can unlock it? Would rather get a pcm from a junkyard, send it in to have it unlocked and then hook the tuner to it and upload the tune. 3. would this be cheaper than buying the whole tuner, tune and pcm

tantore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
the pcm is tied to the serial no.of the truck so you may want to check this out before you decide about junk yard pcm

Triumphx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you don’t want to swap your pcm then pick one up off eBay and send that pcm in. They run about $100-150 and that way you get to keep your oem

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the pcm is tied to the serial no.of the truck so you may want to check this out before you decide about junk yard pcm
That won’t matter as the unlocking will marry the pcm to to your vin. The important part is the pcm is compatible with your truck year model. You can get the info from the mopar sites or the dealer. I bought my 15 Challenger Scatpack pcm from eBay for $100 and the donor car was a 5.7hemi with auto trans while my car had the 6.4 with manual trans. Pcm is the same but the program is different. I used HPTuner services to get it unlocked and they wrote what was needed on that pcm for me to tune it. New pcm is like 500-600 from the dealer, and you still need to get it unlocked that’s assuming you don’t want to have downtime sending out the one in your car.

OP
OP
jknappen

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea I am wanting to put a tune on my 18 1500 and just seeing what the best option to go is.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Moe's Performance has a package deal you can get that includes the PCM and the Diablo tuner. They also use Hemifever if you want a custom tune. Moe's is a preferred vendor on this forum.
Jay

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a used PCM from ebay for about $80. I sent it in to diablo to unlock and download the tunes into that one. I leave my stock PCM safely inside a box, lol.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Same as Ramitiner...bought a diablo pcm and tuner from a member, sent pcm to Diablo with vin to sync to my truck for 100$. Pcm sat in garage for 4-6 months till I got my stuff together while I ran oem and Pulsar.
Finally swapped pcm's and it fired right up. Sent stock reading to Jay Green and got 91,89 and TCM tunes sent via email. I loaded tune...have oem in garage just cause...if something goes wrong I can install oem and daily drive my daily driver
Side note.....waited till I was close to end of warranty, with 6k left couldnt wait anymore. Should have done it waaay earlier
Truck runs soooo much better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01