unusual and intermittent "long crank" before engine runs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Black06ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
that certainly does make sense from a mechanical perspective. Would not be fun or cheap to change the injectors, or to have them cleaned at a shop. Wonder if there is a way for me to "clean" them aside from the typical Lucas fuel system treatment stuff. Hesitant to remove them and try to clean them myself on a bench and end up causing another mystery or surprise problem like slicing an o-ring or something else by accident. hmmm

Dan98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
that certainly does make sense from a mechanical perspective. Would not be fun or cheap to change the injectors, or to have them cleaned at a shop. Wonder if there is a way for me to "clean" them aside from the typical Lucas fuel system treatment stuff. Hesitant to remove them and try to clean them myself on a bench and end up causing another mystery or surprise problem like slicing an o-ring or something else by accident. hmmm
If u find the one leaking just replace it although the whole set isn't really that pricey. So what did or didn't work for you??

Sent from my SM-J260A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Black06ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So, for a while now it has been ok. In the past 4-5 weeks it has only done it twice, most recently a few days ago. It is almost like a "delayed start" where it knows it is going to start but wants to crank for 2-3 seconds. When it does fire, its never revved up immediately afterwards, nor ran/smelled rich. I wish i could datalog the occurrence as that would show me exactly what was happening. Never has a code popped up or anything, and I do have a diablo intune programmer for that if needed. it is simply just an intermittent long crank, and very infrequent. If it was more frequent I might suspect the injectors, but it almost seems like its just not being told to spark the coil. It happens so infrequently that I can't know when to expect it so i don't drive around with a fuel pressure gauge on it or need to cycle the key.