unxpctd's 2021 75A Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
unxpctd

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Forgot to add...there was a bit of sound coming from my exhaust...rattling...something loose.

Turns out it was the exhaust bumping up against the shroud for the spare.
I moved it with a wrench..about 1/2 inch...got it away from the shroud. No more issues.

The exhaust was installed perfectly and solid..!

Airmousam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My Pedal Commander (PC31 if i recall) does NOT turn off the MDS. I took this PC off my 2017 Rebel and was prepared to buy a new one for my 2021 PW but it was the same model...and it works
great with my 2021 PW. It's not the Bluetooth model but I don't really care about that...works great.

I still manually turn off MDS on occasion by manually making it max out at +8 on the transmission.

I actually like that I can do it manually.....which I do in town on occasion. On the highway the MDS is always OFF...let the engine go into ECO when needed...love it.

This 6.4/8-speed is a perfect combo...even with the exhaust (MBRP) it's not loud or intrusive.
What settings are you using on the pedal commander? Thx

Daboink

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Got back this AM from a 2200 mile round trip from Minnesota to Alabama to see some family. It was a great trip. 3300 on the clock now.

The PW performed almost perfectly. It is an amazing truck. Couple things I have observed.

- The 12" screen is awesome! I love the upgraded GPS from my 2017 Rebel. I no longer have to run dual GPS units like I did on my Rebel. This GPS is great...does everything.

- The MBRP exhaust is absolutely perfect. Rumbly/V8 sound...but the drone is minimal with XM/iPod on....reminds me it's there...absolutely love it. The PW goes into ECO mode ALOT....which increases mileage but with this combo the sound doesn't change much...just enough to let you know it changed into ECO mode. My 2017 Rebel was more pronounced. The 2021 PW...love it. I was amazed at the 8 speed transmission / 6.4 combo...and how it can maintain the ECO mode. I was able to maintain ECO mode (at once) for 8 miles in a row...on a flat stretch. My 2017 Rebel w/ a Carven exhaust never did this. Also...this 6.4/8 speed combo does NOT downshift as much as my 5.7/8 Speed did in my Rebel. My PW went up grades without downshifting. It was great.

- 1150 miles on my PW at the start of the trip...was only able to get 13.5-14mpg. By the end I was averaging 13.5-14.5 actual calculated....gas pump numbers.
- I also moved from 89 to 87 octane half way through the trip and mileage increased...but could be from the break in being done.

- I found the sweet spot for mileage to be about 68mph....but I had my cruise set at 65-75....rarely above that.

- At about 2900 miles....on the trip back I had an error pop up "Tire Pressure Unavailable" It has not reset after a couple restarts. The dash tire light stays on. Seems to be a problem with people that have replaced rims/tires but mine are stock. The tires are fine...no apparent loss of pressure. I'll leave it as is for now...see if it fixes itself...but will be on the list for the dealership at the 1st oil change.

- I will add one more thing: The Softopper worked great...no complaints. Love this thing.

More to report later....no pics...just a quick trip down south and back.

More to come in the upcoming months! This next weekend is the first time my PW and my Escapade Backcountry Off Road camper will be paired....pics in a week or so! Can't wait! First camper trip!
I had the same thing happen on my '21 PW on a long trip from TN to Moab. I figured that the heat may have pushed the pressure too high?! I normally run 60-65 on the highway. When mine reset on its own the next day, the pressure in some of the tires showed 70 psi. Just a guess. It has not come back since.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen on my '21 PW on a long trip from TN to Moab. I figured that the heat may have pushed the pressure too high?! I normally run 60-65 on the highway. When mine reset on its own the next day, the pressure in some of the tires showed 70 psi. Just a guess. It has not come back since.
Changes in elevation also impact tire pressure. At 5,000 feet the tire pressure would be 2 to 3 psi higher than measured at sea level. Moab is high desert (Colorado Plateau) at a 4,000 feet elevation and it normally sees summer temperatures exceeding 100F.

Traveling west on I-70 to Moab through Utah has a 80 MPH speed limit which is higher than Tennessee. The higher speeds generate more tire heat. Higher altitude, hotter temperatures, and higher speeds can cause the tire(s) PSI to exceed the TPMS thresholds by 10 PSI resulting in either warnings and/or a blowout.

Last edited: